View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 10:36 PM

POST ID # = 980371
Yosh303 Reputation: 10
Default A Little Overwhelmed with New Build Options

Hey, all! I'm hoping you gurus in here can shine some (RGB) light on my project planning. I'm building a brand new gaming/work rig and I want all the pretty lights but how can I figure out what will work with what?

Here's my part list thus far. I'm not 100% set on the brands so if there's a different brand component that'll better suit the goal, I'll change something. The two items I am set on are the Vengeance RGB Pro and LL120 fans so the goal is to highlight these pieces and have the Corsair controllers/software be in charge.

Asus ROG Strix X470 MoBo
Ryzen 7 2700x CPU
Asus ROG RX 580 GPU (or perhaps the MSI Armor MK2)
16 or 32 GB Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
Three pack Corsair LL120 fans
Probably one or two Corsair LED strips

First Question: As I understand it, I can just disable Asus Aura in the BIOS to allow iCUE to control the Corsair products. Is this correct? If so, what then happens to the MoBo lights?

Second Question: I'd like a case with built-in LEDs (but not a big fan of Corsair's options) such as the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X. But, this case and basically all others list compatibility with MoBo software like Aura, Fusion, etc. So, with Aura disabled is there a way to make the case lights work with iCUE? I'll buy a Command unit or whatever is needed if it will work. I feel like I'm in RGB compatibility purgatory here!

Is there a solution here or do I have to give up on one or more of my choice components??

Thank you!

Last edited by Yosh303; 11-13-2018 at 10:51 PM.