Corsair Community

PSA: VOID Wireless in Bootloader Mode and How to Recover it

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have to force update the firmware to get it out of bootloading mode but that requires CUE (yes I have the latest vrsn) to detect the VOID headset and it does not. Did I read it right that a new firmware update is being released to fix this? I don't see how that will help unless you meant a CUE update. Am I missing something?

In any case I gotta say, I expected better from a respected name like Corsair. Tech support responds to my ticket like every 5th day so I am thoroughly disappointed.

Open Devices and Printers (Control Panel) while the headset is plugged in and turned on;

If the VOID Wireless is in bootloader mode. It will be detected as Avnera AV6302.

If the VOID Wireless is not in bootloader mode, it will be detected as a VOID Wireless Gaming Headset.

If you are getting a unknown device, Try a different USB port and microUSB cable and see if that helps.

Which VOID headset are you using? Is it currently working fine in Windows or is it stuck in bootloader mode/not showing any signs of life, etc

It would have been best to post here describing the issue you are experiencing or what problem you are getting e.g. Headset cannot get out of bootloader mode because CUE does not see the headset, etc.

You can start a new thread here in the Audio subsection and describe your issue as well as updating your system specs or contact Corsair technical support directly by submitting a ticket for assistance.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Hello!

I'm having an issue with my Void wireless headset. I bought it and it worked great. I installed everything, charged the unit, and it worked great! This morning i woke up and it said I needed to update the software. When i did that the headset booped and turned off.

I cannot get the head to turn back on, or even register with my computer. I uninstalled CUE and unplugged everything, restarted and reinstalled everything but the computer will not recognize the headset, almost if the headset isn't charging. When i plug in the USB cord my computer states the USB device is not working and i get a code 43 error?

I've looked all over the internet and cannot find a solution to this. Once again, the headset is not turning on, not responding or beeping. Also in the playback devices the Corsair option is not available.

Any tips or help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Well what dodgy programming, had to wait for my headset battery to run flat AGAIN for this most recent update.

Does not seem to like USB3 this time.....although worked on USB2.

Shame on you Corsair for releasing such shoddy work. I'm appalled, and from such a highly regarded company.

You got the work experience people programming for this or what?!?

Fingers crossed for the next update but I don't hold out much hope.......

Regards

Bob

• 1 month later...

I have similar issues to some of you...

My headset randomly turned off. When trying to turn back on, all lights rapidly blink and it powers off immediately. Have restarted everything, nothing will get the headset to stay powered on. It cycles rainbow colors in the ear cups. Any ideas? CUE will recognize it is plugged in, but all status are unknown. PC will recognize it as well. Can't update the firmware, just sits at 0% after being plugged in. Will sometimes have the orange or green charging light on, not always though. Is it worth it to go through this whole process, or am I having a,different issue?

Hi

I think I'm experiencing this problem, but I'm not actually sure.

When connecting my headset to my pc, Win 10 complains about the device "descriptor" and device manager identifies the error as "error 43".

I tried connecting the headset to another Win 10 pc and got the same error.

Im having the same issue too, please help

• 1 month later...
Hi Chris my Corsair VOID Wireless DOLBY 7.1 Gaminng headset carbon/Black stopped working. No power and won't turn on. The charging lights don't come on even after charging it over night. I think is bootloader mode? Can you help me please!!! Software version is 1.16.42 but I cant see the firmware version? status not conected and can't updata!!! HELP ME~~~

I tried to update my firmware of corsair void from 33 to 38.01 and after a couple of seconds staying at 0% it crashed and now the headset won't work. Then windows installed a driver for Avnera, but now it does not seem to be in bootloader mode and is definitely not working either. Like a couple of other people when i try to do the steps on the first post i'm blocked at the step 6 because it does not detect the headset at all. When i plug it in now windows just says that the device had a malfunction and is not recognized

Update: Letting the battery of the headset die like a couple of people suggested and then trying the whole thing again is what worked for me

- I still uninstalled all related drivers just in case

- make sure the headset is unplugged before step 6. Also it failed 3 times for me, so just unplug it and retry until it actually asks you for the force update from server

- don't mess with whatever driver windows is trying to install at the same time

- Next time when it wants to install a firmware update, just don't i guess

Edited by Laktesh

• 2 weeks later...
If the headset is in bootloader mode, it is powered on.

hello Chris i was playing when my headset died and now i cant turn it on, i read about bootloader, when i try to do the steps first when i try to turn on my headset there is no light and second it says that its not connected can you please help

If the headset is in bootloader mode, it is powered on.

Hello Chris, when my headphones died while i was playing i couldnt turn them even when i pluged them in the usb, i have read alll about the boomloader, but when i do the steps i cant turn my headphones on and it says that they are not connected, can you please help.

Hello Chris, when my headphones died while i was playing i couldnt turn them even when i pluged them in the usb, i have read alll about the boomloader, but when i do the steps i cant turn my headphones on and it says that they are not connected, can you please help.

Exact same issue, please tell me if you get a fix!! :(

Hi, first time posting on this forum and I've only just got the headset today.

Followed the instructions and well this is what happened.

Headset will now not boot, not light up regardless if it's plugged in or not and the reset doesn't do crap. Spent nearly £100 and it does not work? Seriously.... not at all impressed.

• 5 weeks later...

Have the same issue as so many others, headphones seemingly in bootloader, get up to step 6, usb device has malfunctioned, CUE not detecting it.

Tried every solution in the thread (although I might have not uninstalled my drivers correctly when I was doing the solution that one guy suggested) and I'm still at square one, has corsair really not made a fix to this problem in 6 months? surely that is impossible? right? do I REALLY have to wait another 2 days to use my headset?

• 2 weeks later...