Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

C K70 RGB MK.2 SE works well on the windows10 partition and runs icue flawlessly. I've updated the firmware yesterday in windows10, as well as once previously in November, 18 while on windows10. I did have ckb installed previously on Mojave OS Mac, and it was working fine except I had some boot issue (too many corpses) so I uninstalled it since it's unsigned and could have been my boot problem in Mojave OS mac. Installed the Mac icue beta but the keyboard is undetected. I factory reset my keyboard and reopened the icue app on mac, still no keyboard detected.

Side note, I have a windows10 partition on my mac HD so I can boot into either. Unfortunately, the corsair cannot be used to switch between the two OSs (hold alt during boot to choose which startup disk) holding alt doesn't do anything. On the ckb forum they suggested holding winlock + F1 until blinking then try alt, but that just puts the keyboard in some weird state that unusable. He said it's because corsair uses an alternate bios or something different from mac. I though it might be the no repeat keys, so I did the previously suggested terminal command apple boot repeat -bool false or whatever and the keys repeat now, but alt still isn't recognized as being held in time after boot before the OS loads to switch startup disks. Long story short, I have to keep a mac wired keyboard handy so I can plug in the usb real quick to hold alt during boot to switch os.

UPDATE: I searched for all the CKB files on the mac and deleted them. Also I force quit the daemon ckbdaemon in activity monitor, emptied the trash, then relaunched icue on mac. And guess what? My K70 rgb mk.2 was detected by icue. So If you're having this problem (no keyboard detected) . remove all traces of ckb-next and ckb from your system files by searching for ckb in spotlight search and trashing them, emptying the trash, searching again. The daemon will restart if you forcequit it before emptying the trash with the plist file in the trash. Then relaunch icue.

Hi SpaceCow,

I have the same keyboard k70 rgb mk2 se as you. I had the same problem that the alt key isn't working when i try to boot my imac. The imac will directly go to os x. There is no boot screen showing up. Have you solved this problem? I am really stuck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if this has been addressed before, I can't seem to perform a "mac pro" search within this thread. This software WORKS on my 15" macbook pro, DOES NOT WORK on my late 2013 Mac Pro. same OS, same everything, same gear: k95 platinum. Device simply not recognized. Is this intentional from the developing team, and if so, why?

thank you

sorry if this has been addressed before, I can't seem to perform a "mac pro" search within this thread. This software WORKS on my 15" macbook pro, DOES NOT WORK on my late 2013 Mac Pro. same OS, same everything, same gear: k95 platinum. Device simply not recognized. Is this intentional from the developing team, and if so, why?

thank you

I'm currently using a late 2009 Mac Pro using version 13.15.101, running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Any version higher then this will not detect the audio device, such as my Void Pro headset. What version are you currently running?

hi, do you mean an older icue version? I have been trying almost every iteration of this software since it was posted.

Apple is telling me Corsair designed this icue Mac version for a specific list of Apple hardware, and supposedly the 2013 Mac Pro is not in this list, does that make any sense?

hi, do you mean an older icue version? I have been trying almost every iteration of this software since it was posted.

Apple is telling me Corsair designed this icue Mac version for a specific list of Apple hardware, and supposedly the 2013 Mac Pro is not in this list, does that make any sense?

That makes no sense. I would imagine that the software should run on any mac. Try DM Corsair James with that question, he would know if this is true or not.

• Corsair Employees

Everyone, I have uploaded a test version of iCUE v3.21. This is intentionally being released slightly early because I want everyone to test the new audio driver we've re-implemented back into the macOS version of ICUE (and therefore supports all audio devices once again).

Please give this a try. I will most likely close this thread soon and open a new one as we're approaching release of this client officially.

Thanks James. Seems to work well with my Void wireless headphones.

I've got something that seems to have been broken for a while. I was hoping it would be fixed with this release, but it hasn't.

The mute button on the headphones works, but turns off "sidetone." The Sidetone slider on the UI doesn't move, but it doesn't work any longer. If you move the Sidetone slider at all, it starts working again.

Has this issue been reported/experienced by anyone?

Thanks!

Thanks James. Seems to work well with my Void wireless headphones.

I've got something that seems to have been broken for a while. I was hoping it would be fixed with this release, but it hasn't.

The mute button on the headphones works, but turns off "sidetone." The Sidetone slider on the UI doesn't move, but it doesn't work any longer. If you move the Sidetone slider at all, it starts working again.

Has this issue been reported/experienced by anyone?

Thanks!

I have the void pro and don't have this issue?

Currently running iCue 3.21.72 for my strafe mk2 and m65. On macOS Mojave and Catalina when running iCue with Intel Power Gadget 3.6.1 (IPG) IPG shows my cpu running at high frequency (hovering around 4GHz) but my temps etc are fine so it seems it is only cosmetic but highly annoying. If I quit iCue cpu frequency drops on IPG so this leads me to believe it is iCue causing this bug.

What would I need to provide to get this looked at / fixed?

I just installed the latest iCUE for MacOS and am not able to update the firmware on my K63 keyboard despite me following the instructions as stated. Any suggestion?

After a day of debugging, I notice that running iCUE on my MBP disables the LAN connection on my dock. I need a stable connection so I prefer to use LAN.

Can this problem be fixed?

Edited by mcheryl

For whatever reason, on my work MacMini, with v3.21 installed Google Chrome locks up the whole systems. Once I uninstalled it the systems returned to working correctly.

Update:

Nevermind. It still locks up, it just takes a little longer. I upgraded to 3.21, uninstalled 3.21, and I’m still having issues with the thing locking up under chrome. Im not sure it’s iCue, but that ever since installing it I can’t use Chrome without the whole system locking up.

Edited by logandzwon

Just wanted to report an issue on release version of Catalina and my Corsair K70 RGB Rapid-fire KB using latest iCUE. Sometimes iCUE will freeze and requires a restart in order to get it working again.

Everyone, I have uploaded a test version of iCUE v3.21. This is intentionally being released slightly early because I want everyone to test the new audio driver we've re-implemented back into the macOS version of ICUE (and therefore supports all audio devices once again).

Please give this a try. I will most likely close this thread soon and open a new one as we're approaching release of this client officially.

Thanks James.

I'm on Sierra and this new version does not work with void wireless headset or wired. Corsair headset is not coming up as an option for sound output.

Do you have perhaps have a link for 3.15?

I can't ever seem to get an answer on this, but is there ever going to be support for the MM800? I have gone through countless updates, and none have ever recognized it. There have been maybe 2-3 times total since the beginning of the year when I started running iCUE. It was even replaced once by Corsair thinking that might be the issue. It wasn't. Right after installing the newest version today (3.21.72), it recognized it right up until I had to do the restart to finish the install. After the reboot, it once again isn't recognized. I have even plugged it in to a different PC to try updating it, but there weren't any. The lack of it working and the lack of any assistance is getting a tad frustrating.

Thanks James.

I'm on Sierra and this new version does not work with void wireless headset or wired. Corsair headset is not coming up as an option for sound output.

Do you have perhaps have a link for 3.15?

Really, it's working fine with me, i had an issue with the previous versions not working with my void pro. I have a copy of 3.15, PM me , if you want me to send it to you.