Corsair Community

MP510 and Windows 7

kellyboy47

I have just purchased a 960GB Corsair MP510 NVME M.2 device and have installed it in my MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard which I have been informed supports this device. It shows up in the BIOS but is not detected in Disk Management and also the driver for the PCI device will not install. I am running Windows 7 (64bit) which is probably the cause of the problem but I need to use this operating system. I have a bootable USB stick which I used to install Windows 7 on initially which has the NVME drivers on for Samsung and Intel but not Corsair.

Any help would be greatfully received !!

I'm running Win7 with a force MP600. Corsair haven't done a driver for Win7 so windows uses a simple generic one. The only thing you lose is The ability to read SMART and temperature sensor data etc.

Image software such as Macrium Reflect (free download) will see the drive and copy your system across if that's what you hope to do.

So I have a USB stick with a Windows 7 image on which has the NVME drivers on for Samsung & Intel but not Corsair. So would you suggest I disconnect the other 2 drives I have in my PC and boot from the USB stick and install Windows 7 on the new NVME drive ? Would this work ?