Corsair Community

XC7 RGB / inlet outlet valve specifics

QuaZar-Kid

Corsair Team or other knowledgeable advisers...

Why does the XC7 RGB have a "direction" ? inlet and outlet

It's not pumping anything so why would the direction the coolant flows matter?

Build Notes:

ROG Crosshair VIII

AMG 3900x

2080 Founders w/ XG7

XD5 and two radiators (yes two radiators)

1) XR5 360 on the front of the Obsidian 500D

2) and its littl brother 240 on the top

Because it's designed for the coolant to flow in that particular direction; there are channels in there directing the coolant flow. You can reverse it but you'll lose efficiency.

Ah, understood

Speedy reply much appreciated DevBiker

So... you know where I'm going with this

I'm a lazy turd and the outlet port is PERFECTLY located for my build as it stands right now and the thought of deconstructing and reversing the XC7 ports gives me indigestion...

I'm going forge onward and report back my findings

:D:

You can rotate the bezel trim to effectively switch inlet/outlet sides.... i did this.... 4 screws and rotate

Well son-of-a-bitch !

That sounds like even a lazy turd such as myself could muster up the gumption and get that done...

You guys are super helpful around here

and I really appreciate that

:D:

• 1 year later...
You can rotate the bezel trim to effectively switch inlet/outlet sides.... i did this.... 4 screws and rotate

Sorry for the necrobump, but can this be reconfirmed as do-able? Just setup my first loop ever and then was made aware my inlet on the right and outlet on the left are potentially the wrong way around?

https://i.imgur.com/4Ue6sjs.jpg

My reservoir feed directly into the XC7, then it goes to the first rad in my loop.

Though the more I look at the manual the more I think for me being vertical it'll make no difference (unless I redo hardline route). Because I'm mounted vertically with a Phanteks GPU mount my card sits a bit further back than some other vertical mounts. I'd have to rotate my pump to try and feed in on the rear of the block. That or do some mad bending to go in the back.

How much of a negative impact is it running with reversed flow through the block?

Edited by Audioboxer

you are mixing XC7 and XG7 ^^

Since corsair GPU blocks are not split flow design, (water is fed from one side of the fin stack across to the other, instead of coming from the center of the fin stack and splitting in two directions), it matters even less.

Even in split flow blocks. we're talking a degree or two in losses at the very worst.

maybe not worth redoing all your tubing runs for something you will probably not notice at all.

you are mixing XC7 and XG7 ^^

Since corsair GPU blocks are not split flow design, (water is fed from one side of the fin stack across to the other, instead of coming from the center of the fin stack and splitting in two directions), it matters even less.

Even in split flow blocks. we're talking a degree or two in losses at the very worst.

maybe not worth redoing all your tubing runs for something you will probably not notice at all.

Doh! Thanks for the explanation.

I googled for help and this topic came up and I clearly didn't read properly lol.

My XC7 which is also installed is the way it should be :D: