Corsair Community

HS70 Charging Issues

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm having issues that are possibly related but much worse: mine won't charge at all. It's a new Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless Premium Gaming Headset with Dolby Headphone 7.1. (Not sure what the model number is.)

I've had the headset for a couple of weeks and like it. I use it for work - at a small call centre - and it worked fine yesterday. Today, it wouldn't turn on despite being on the charging cable overnight. Even now, after a full day of charging it is completely dead. iCue says "Status/Battery: not connected". I've tried a different USB port but that didn't change anything. The LED doesn't come on to indicate charging, the lighting in the ear pieces (Corsair logo) is off and the earpieces don't make a peep when I press the power button.

Is there anything I can do to help myself here or do I need to exchange it at the store? It's still within the 30 day return warranty period.

• Corsair Employee
I'm having issues that are possibly related but much worse: mine won't charge at all. It's a new Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless Premium Gaming Headset with Dolby Headphone 7.1. (Not sure what the model number is.)

I've had the headset for a couple of weeks and like it. I use it for work - at a small call centre - and it worked fine yesterday. Today, it wouldn't turn on despite being on the charging cable overnight. Even now, after a full day of charging it is completely dead. iCue says "Status/Battery: not connected". I've tried a different USB port but that didn't change anything. The LED doesn't come on to indicate charging, the lighting in the ear pieces (Corsair logo) is off and the earpieces don't make a peep when I press the power button.

Is there anything I can do to help myself here or do I need to exchange it at the store? It's still within the 30 day return warranty period.

Press and hold the mute button for 30 seconds.

After releasing the mute button wait 15 seconds.

Now power the headset on and give it a test.

• 2 months later...
Okay I just recently bought the Corsair hs70 about 3 days ago and I fully charged them the first time and the flashing light would blink yellow but I charged them the second time and it gave me the green light that they will fully charged but now the light is blinking red, does that mean they're going dead already or what's going on with them because I just got them off charge and it was a full green charge. I hope nothing is wrong with them because I honestly like them

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey lads, old thread, don't know if anyone still cares, but I just bought a HS70 and am experiencing the same issues a lot of people here are reporting, and I have a hypothesis as to what is going on. I think what happens is, after leaving the set charging, once it finishes charging, the led that indicates whether it has finished charging will use up the battery to stay on, as opposed to using the power from whatever the source is. I left it charging on a friday night and only started using it on a Sunday afternoon, where it was at 59% battery. I got slightly over 8 hours of charge that sunday, which makes sense given the advertised 16 hour battery life. So, whenever I charge it at night and use it in the morning, it's usually at 93 battery, because of those hours after it finishes charging and the led stays on. That's the best hypothesis I could come with, besides that the headset charges just fine and the battery seem to be able to provide the advertised 16 hours.

• Corsair Employee
Want to point out that the % shown in the software is a close rating of charge in the battery, but is not exact. As long as the headset is reaching close to the advertised hours, it's working normal. So the headset is performing fine in your case as you pointed out.

So this post was started on June 2018 and now it's April 2020 and this issue hasn't been addressed yet. I will hold on to my opinion on that, I just need a couple of answers if you can help me out that'd be great;

1. I've only had this a couple of days never charged over 94% and it drops to 65% in 5 mins. does it still work for 14-16hours?

2. Has anyone had any help with the mute button sequence or should I just return this immediately?

21/04/2020 and still having the issue no mater from where my HS70 charging it was at 80+, the 70+ and today 52%.

I have bought many corsair devices and all where faulty... it looks like i will never got the lesson.

• 3 weeks later...
I wish I read this forum post before I bought this headset back in March. Charger isn't even working anymore and I have to forcefully hold the charger into the headset. I sadly bought mine from Amazon, so I can't even get another one, but I personally wouldn't get another one anyway. Hoping I can get a full refund on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Hey lads, old thread, don't know if anyone still cares, but I just bought a HS70 and am experiencing the same issues a lot of people here are reporting, and I have a hypothesis as to what is going on. I think what happens is, after leaving the set charging, once it finishes charging, the led that indicates whether it has finished charging will use up the battery to stay on, as opposed to using the power from whatever the source is. I left it charging on a friday night and only started using it on a Sunday afternoon, where it was at 59% battery. I got slightly over 8 hours of charge that sunday, which makes sense given the advertised 16 hour battery life. So, whenever I charge it at night and use it in the morning, it's usually at 93 battery, because of those hours after it finishes charging and the led stays on. That's the best hypothesis I could come with, besides that the headset charges just fine and the battery seem to be able to provide the advertised 16 hours.

It seems that the headsets LED drain the battery without the headset realizing it and returning to charge after some percent drop

Proof that headset reach 100%:

HS70.jpg

• 2 months later...
Leaving the headset plugged in after it has done charging:

HS70-93.jpg

If I had knew this issue I would not have bought HS70 Pro, because that was exactly my fear, that the design would be bad regarding batteries and lifetime.

Wonder why Corsair dosent address this in an firmware update. Since I bought it, the firmware remains at v0.01 at iCue, guess we will never get any kind of updates.

I bought mine in march 23 2020, worked ok until now but since like 2 days ago I noticed it started to charge very slowly.

I will try to charge it from the wall, to see if it goes full battery, but I must say I used to see that green light every morning and now I see it no more.

I bought my CORSAIR CA-9011150-EU Void Pro KL R wireless headphones in December 2020.

After a while the recharge process was not reliable anymore. Sometimes it did help to place the headphones in an other position to get them recharged very slowly. On the head they already did not recharge. Then the headphones started and stopped to recharge in the same position absolutely erratically. Now they don#t recharge anymore. What is wrong? Please help me.Thank you very much.

• 5 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, Silkarin said:

After testing the reload with an other micro USB recharging cable, the Corsair headset did recharge. I don't no why the recharging cable delivered by corsair only survived one month...

I am starting to have issues with charge but I am wondering if, like you, the cable is the issue.  I changed charging cable recently and only now, am I having an issue.

I have switched back to the cable I had been using for the last year and am letting the headset charge for the next few hours.  I have always had great support from Corsair when I open tickets so if this doesn't solve the issue, I am confident they will resolve the issue to my satisfaction.

EDIT:  I have a set of HS70 Se

Edited by frontlinegeek
Missing Detail

Hello guys,

I just bought my HS70 Pro literally yesterday and I'm facing the same issues as any of you guys here. I left my headset charging overnight, when I saw that the green LED indicator turn on, I unplugged it, turned it on and check the battery % in the ICue software and it indicated the battery level at 91%???

• 3 months later...

I'm having similar issues, just bought the HS70 and it doesn't seem to be charging, left it plugged in overnight, iCue said the charge was only 50%, and within the matter of a minute the charge had dropped to 0% and my headphones shutoff. 

• 9 months later...

I have a similar issue:

I've bought 3x Wireless headset HS70.

The first stopped charging a month after guaranty period has ended.

The second after a few months later with exacly the same symptomps: when I plug it into the charger the red LED lights but in fact nothing is changing.

The 3th is still working but I am afraid I need to buy something new ASAP.

• 2 months later...

Bumping up old thread again...

HS70 PRO Wireless Headphone Owner...

Have purchased from Amazon back in May 2021. As of a month ago, they no longer hold 100% charge while plugged in. Like someone posted a while back, they do in fact charge to 100%, but once they hit 100% they slowly lose power due to powering the LED off of battery rather than the USB power source.

After doing a forum search, it looks like corsair has never officially recognized this issue nor released a fix... or even in the least, mentioned that they would look into it. After the representative posted multiple times for users to post tickets about this issue, for the last 1-2 years, it is disappointing to see there has been no progress or fix...