Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Wireless - Microphone Quality?

Momoh

Hi there.

I recently purchased for myself those gorgeous Corsair Vengeance 2000 7.1 wireless headset, which came earlier today.

Unboxed them as soon as i could, let them charge untill the green light was around the charger usb-hub and i was apparently good to go.

So, first impressions? The build itself was super, and after fiddling around with the bypass in the EQ software, i got the hang around of it and made myself comfy with the way i wanted my headset to sound, and it was fantastic.

Now, UNFORTUNATELY there is a BUT here. I previously used a Microsoft Lx-3000 Lifechat headset which had an unmatched microphone quality compared to these Vengeance 2000 headset which is almost 6x the cost of my old Microsoft as stated.

Im trying to figure out if there is a way to fiddle about with the Microphone settings for the Vengeance 2000 so i could have them sound the same as my old £24.99 Microsoft headset as it would be a shame to have my old ones sound better for my friends over skype, than my brand new Vengeance which are supposed to be worth the cost (like i said, the output from the headset is superb, its just the mic that's extremely and just down-right depressing)

Here is a link of the two voice recording so you can see the difference for yourselves.

Corsair Recording: http://vocaroo.com/i/s05SuPtId6oM

Microsoft Recording: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0NXMxie3ObB

Thanks in advance and kind regards - Mo.

ps. Ive fiddled all day trying to see if there was an in-built type of software in windows in which i can configure my mic levels but to no avail, even while browsing the net for a similar software that could help me.

lmao what, are you for real?

not to sound rude but 13 of my friends say the microsoft mic sounds far more clear and crisp instead of the corsairs much 'Heavily bass'd' variant.

If corsair seem to suggest that the way the mic sounds is intended and they're fully happy with the way it is, i suppose i'll leave Corsair peripherals out of my wish list from now on then, and seek different brands.

Its a real damn shame that i always thought corsair was the perfect brand in terms of their products, and i really had a strong sense of company loyalty, but i guess nobody is perfect :(

Thanks for your reply nonetheless!

regards - Mo

lmao what, are you for real?

not to sound rude but 13 of my friends say the microsoft mic sounds far more clear and crisp instead of the corsairs much 'Heavily bass'd' variant.

If corsair seem to suggest that the way the mic sounds is intended and they're fully happy with the way it is, i suppose i'll leave Corsair peripherals out of my wish list from now on then, and seek different brands.

Its a real damn shame that i always thought corsair was the perfect brand in terms of their products, and i really had a strong sense of company loyalty, but i guess nobody is perfect :(

Thanks for your reply nonetheless!

regards - Mo

Personally I think they both have their faults, and neither more than the other. I think the corsair sounds too muffled and bassy as you said, but I also think your old mic sounds too tinny, like it doesn't have a full sound spectrum either, just on the opposite end.

However, it's what the people your talking to think that counts. my friends love the corsair mic, so I use it happily. Your friends don't seem to like it, so it might be a bad choice for you.

• Corsair Employee

I agree with your point of view. I guess it all depends on what sounds good to each person.

Momh: This is something we will take your feedback seriously. We always stride to have the best possible microphone. I myself use to be a competitive gamer, believe me I hold the microphone quality in the highest stature. It could mean the difference between winning and loosing.

Archived