Corsair Community

Corsair HS1 USB sound localizations issue

Furax44

Hello,

I bought about 6 months ago the HS1 USB edition on a French website.

And I've noticed that (in MW3 especially), sounds and effects are often wrong, just inverted or something else. I can hear explosions from outside the map, or gunshots at my right, but my friends are hearing it at my left, and obviously, I die. The sound is usually located at the opposite of where I hear it actually.

I'm playing with 7.1 mode (and it's even worth in Stereo) with the latest driver (I followed the instructions about restarting my computer and stuff).

Can someone help me on this one ?

Btw, sorry for my English :D

• Corsair Employee
I would check what your game supports IE stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 and set the HS1 accordingly. In addition, the few that have reported this issue have found it to be a driver conflict that may not happen with other audio devices turned off or disabled such as on Board Audio devices. But to be sure its not something wrong with the head set I would try them on another system and see if the problem follows the headset. Also are you using the latest driver? Please be sure to uninstall the current driver and restart before installing this driver.

Archived