Corsair Community

Are keyboard profiles per user account on a PC - Or global?

NeilFawcett

Profiles, settings and everything else are saved in the following folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

So, you can setup the profiles only on one account and then copy the Corsair folder in each user folder if you want. But you'll have to do this step manually, otherwise you'd need to re-setup everything on each profile.

Profiles, settings and everything else are saved in the following folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

So, you can setup the profiles only on one account and then copy the Corsair folder in each user folder if you want. But you'll have to do this step manually, otherwise you'd need to re-setup everything on each profile.

So if you copy them around, what dictates the default profile for when the keyboard is disconnected from the computer/utility software, and which is the default profile to use by the utility software, eg when logging into that account?

eg: If you have profile A, B and C, how would you set A to be what is used when the user logs on, and C what is used when the Utility software isn't in use?

When CUE software isn't in use the default static profile on the keyboard will be shown. Also when not logged in.

You can save a static background lighting as default to the keyboard memory.

When CUE software is in use (when logging in) the first profile at the profile list gets selected as default lighting. ;):

When CUE software isn't in use the default static profile on the keyboard will be shown. Also when not logged in.

You can save a static background lighting as default to the keyboard memory.

Ahhh, that's the option to save to a profile to memory I assume?

When CUE software is in use (when logging in) the first profile at the profile list gets selected as default lighting. ;):
"First" being when you simply drag a profile to the left of all the others to be the first shown?

Yes. :):

Yes. :):

Edit: there could be problems with multiple accounts: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138333 I never tested it.

I'll keep that in mind.

To add complication to this I'm actually working through a KVM too. All I want is:-

* PC A (with multiple users) to set the keyboard to a specific colour (eg: green) no matter which account.

* PC B (my gaming machine) to set the keyboard to a specific colour (eg: blue) and allow me to set to game specific ones too.

* Default profile (for when PCs are off) of no lighting.

You can see to achieve this I will have to have the Utility software on both machines. And as previously described, PC A, has multiple users.

I'll install it on there and play...

* PC A (with multiple users) to set the keyboard to a specific colour (eg: green) no matter which account.
Just don't use CUE on this PC and save static green light to the keyboard memory.

* PC B (my gaming machine) to set the keyboard to a specific colour (eg: blue) and allow me to set to game specific ones too.
Use blue profile as default (first profile at CUE) and link your game profiles with the games.

* Default profile (for when PCs are off) of no lighting.
When both PCs are off there is no USB power, so keyboard is off? (question mark because maybe there is always USB power with KVM)

You can see to achieve this I will have to have the Utility software on both machines.
If the keyboard is off when both PCs are off, than just use CUE at second PC (see above). ;):

Just don't use CUE on this PC and save static green light to the keyboard memory.

Use blue profile as default (first profile at CUE) and link your game profiles with the games.

When both PCs are off there is no USB power, so keyboard is off? (question mark because maybe there is always USB power with KVM)

If the keyboard is off when both PCs are off, than just use CUE at second PC (see above). ;):

Alas the KVM does power the keyboard when both PCs are off...

As you describe is how I've it at the moment, which means the keyboard is on all the time the PCs are off (eg: glowing green all night long). I'd rather is turns off.

Then you need CUE at the first PC, too (and copy the profile for all users).

And save no lighting as default to the keyboard memory.

I'll give it a go.

I have to disable keyboard emulation on the KVM to get the Strafe to work. And even then I can't use hot keys (<SCROLL LOCK> <SCROLL LOCK> <ENTER>) to swap session/port, instead having to press buttons on the KVM. Although the keyboard still does work if I use my old keyboard again.

I've just read about turning on/off BIOS mode on the Strafe, so I'm hoping that make allow me to at least hot swap again...

Hopefuly there's no siginificant down side for the BIOS mode if it does indeed sort my issue out.

I'll give it a go.

I have to disable keyboard emulation on the KVM to get the Strafe to work. And even then I can't use hot keys (<SCROLL LOCK> <SCROLL LOCK> <ENTER>) to swap session/port, instead having to press buttons on the KVM. Although the keyboard still does work if I use my old keyboard again.

I've just read about turning on/off BIOS mode on the Strafe, so I'm hoping that make allow me to at least hot swap again...

Hopefuly there's no siginificant down side for the BIOS mode if it does indeed sort my issue out.

DOH! Enabling BIOS mode does then mean I can use the keyboard to hotswap the KVM again (<SCROLL LOCK> <SCROLL LOCK> <ENTER>)... BUT, it then isn't detected by the Utility software so the lighting profiles don't work... :(

Grrr...

Archived