Corsair Community

Corsair Fans not lighting?

Fergie

So, I got myself a new gaming pc, and what I have for fans are 8 altogether, 2 should be connected to the RGB corsair pump. When I first turned on the PC, ALL the fans were lit up, but when I started to mess around with the settings in Icue, I couldn't get 2 fans to light up.

So, at the moment 6 fans, including the 2 pump ones are all lighting up, but the other two aren't. When I look on my dashboard about the fans, and go onto my pump settings, it says that the fans aren't connected to the pump? That or it's just saying that there's no fan movement, but the pump still works.

I'm just wondering if I maybe did something to make the pump fans act together with the other fans? I just want all my fans to light up all at once, and like I said, they did ALL light up when I first turned on my PC, it is a custom built PC, and there's also 4 light strips, and one commander pro inside the system.

Any ideas? Because I'm very confused! XD I'm not a computer expert, and even thinking about opening up the side panel to mess with cables, scare me, because I have no idea what I would be doing, I know nothing! LOL

If you need any more info, please let me know, I'll try and give as much as I can!

xxx

When you set up the Lighting Channel in the Commander Pro/Lighting Node Pro, did you add the correct number of fans to the channel?

When you connect the fans to the RGB Fan Hub, do you have them connected in order (1-2-3-4-5-6) with no skipping?

What pump do you have?

Also, make sure to review the RGB FAQ in my signature.

If I go to the setting and create a new profile, and start from scratch, my strips work fine, but, I can only seem to get one fan to light up, and it's always the same one, it's supposed to be one of the pump ones, and none others will light up, if I try and do it by 1,2,3,4,5,6. Even if I start it up and it says it has 6 fans connected, it won't light, but in other already created profiles, 6 of them light up, even though I have two more that could light up too.

You have a total of 8 RGB Fans? Keep in mind that the fans that ship with the H150i Cooler do not have RGB.

Also, where are the fans on the cooler plugged in? The motherboard or the cooler? (Sorry ... you're gonna hafta trace some cables.) The cooler has a 3-fan controller but it won't "see" any fans unless they are plugged in to it. Who built your PC, by the way?

Okay, so if my fans were connected to the cooler, would they light up with the pump? Seeing as they are RGB ones.

Cyberpowerpc built my PC, and it's actually a very good build, professionally done, it's just a little annoying about the two fans lol

Each fan has two connections - one for the fan itself and one for the RGB. Check out the RGB FAQ - it explains all of this and include pictures so you know what's what.

And no, they won't light up unless connected to an RGB LED Fan Hub. And that needs to be connected to a Lighting Channel on either a Lighting Node Pro or a Commander Pro. Check the second channel wherever the first six fans are connected and configure that for two fans ... maybe?? Hard to say as I don't know what they've done or what wires are going where so that's a SWAG.

As for "professionally done" ... this isn't the first example that we've seen of a boutique shop not configuring this stuff properly. We've seen boutique shops misconfigure just about everything that can be misconfigured. Granted, they are going to be better builds than if WalMart or The Verge put your PC together but they still make mistakes. However, since they put your system together, have you contacted them to see what's going on?

Okay, so a little update.

I haven't opened up the case yet, but, I did a little messing around with the settings in Icue, and one of the 2 fans that aren't lighting up properly is actually on the case settings, since you can add fans with the case? It says on icue that you could connect up to 6? But only one of the two not lighting up is on that part, and even though it lights up, it doesn't do multicolored, it's just a white colour. At the moment it's saying it's SP fan series?

So I'm wondering if the issue is to do with that they're connected to the case. Then again, when I first ever turned this PC on, once it came from the building place, they were all lighting up multicolored. I did mess about with icue, and I deleted the profile that they did....

OK, change those to LL-RGB. The SP-RGB fans operate on a completely different protocol than the LL-RGB fans.

This isn't configured in the profiles either, so it won't matter that you deleted the profiles that the system came with. If, however, you changed the lighting configuration, that would explain it.

Hi. I just recently installed three corsair LL120 RGB fans. I went into the ICUE software and went to Lighting Node Pro Tab. Then in the lighting setup I entered the correct information (Channel 1:LL RGB Series Fans : 3 fans are connected ) and proceeded to the lighting channel and turned on "Rainbow Wave". However none of the fans lit up at all, but the fans are spinning. I double checked all the wiring inside and everything is plugged in. The fans are plugged into the Hub numbers 1-3. The Hub is connected to the number 1 on the Lighting Node Pro. Everything is connected to power.

How do I get the fans to light up?

The instant Lighting effects both my mouse and keyboard but has no effect on the fans

OK.

Can you show us some screen caps of the lighting configuration? Also, it's possible that you may have to trace some wiring, unfortunately. Take a look at the RGB FAQ for how some diagrams on how this should be wired.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived