Corsair Community

Possible to use different RAM on the same build?

skribbilen

I currently have 2x8gb CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 RAM sticks on my Asus B350 F Gaming board build and i just purchased another 2x8gb sticks but i did not verify the model and they are CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 versions. Would i run into issues using the different ram together in my build? Anything i can do to make them work together in the BIOS perhaps if there would be issues since they may be using different frequencies? Edited by skribbilen

I currently have 2x8gb CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 RAM sticks on my Asus B350 F Gaming board build and i just purchased another 2x8gb sticks but i did not verify the model and they are CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 versions. Would i run into issues using the different ram together in my build? Anything i can do to make them work together in the BIOS perhaps if there would be issues since they may be using different frequencies?

Possible yes, stable maybe, recommended no.

As above and similar to the discussion here. I think you have a better shot than the combination in that post, but there are no guarantees. So if you have a vendor with a tough return policy, be careful. You could spend a month on this and think you have it, only to then run into problems. Memory crashes/freezes are not fun and it may take more than a reset to get things back up and running.