Corsair Community

QL vs LL

Bhaalspawn

Few questions

1) RGB side: the only difference is that QL have leds on both side of the fan or there is more?

2) I found this cable that allows to connect other RGB fans to the lighting node core, but QL doesn't have the lighting node core because it is included in the splitter. Can i connect that cable to the splitter or do i have to buy LL if i want to use that cable + non Corsair RGB?

The QL and LL are different in that the QL have more LED's on the back side of the Fan's this allows for more illumination inside the case. The RPM range on the LL is 600 - 1500 RPM, The RPM range on the QL is 525 - 1500 ±10% RPM. so fairly similar there. The LL fans (3-packs) come with a Lighting Node Pro and a RGB Fan hub that will control RGB on up to 6 Corsair fans.

The QL (3-packs) come with a new lighting node Core.. this essentially combines the Lighting node Pro and RGB fan hub into one unit to help simplify installation as well. (one box instead of two to connect and hide). The QL are a premium looking fan compared to thee LL in my opinion but both are great quality LED fans.

As for the cable. It will not work with a Lighting node Core that comes with the QL fans. However you can purchase a Lighting Node Pro from Corsair directly here. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/CORSAIR-Lighting-Node-PRO/p/CL-9011109-WW

If you want to add non Corsair fans and control them with iCUE and the cable you posted earlier.

newfiend

yes i know i can buy only the lighting node but it's very expensive and it would be better to buy it with fans since i'm also looking for 1 RGB fan to put on my CPU cooler top flow.

if i buy just the lighting node pro i assume i can't connect any corsair fan to it so i would need the node pro, an adapter cable and 2 fans, to get what i would get if i buy LL 140 RGB pack

So if the difference between LL and QL is just what you said about LEDs...i don't need them to be on both side of the fan so LL is the best choice because they include the lighting node pro i need and they are cheaper too.