Corsair Community

Twinx 1024 Llpt And Epox8rda3+ Issu

FabinovX

Hello, i have an epox 8rda3+ with 1Go 3200 LLPT CORSAIR memory. But if i exceed 184 Mhz FSB, my system hangs playing games. if i try to put asynchronous timings (cpu @ 200 and memory @ 169), no prob, my computer works fine. in synchronous mode, even if i raise vdimm to 2.7, my computer crash and return under windows XP, re initialising my video card. i have a 550w antec true power power supply and asus 9800 xt/tvd video card. i read in another forum a post from a guy who received a mail from abit : >Hi guys! I have an email in to ABIT-USA . We understand what >the problem is. The NFII Ultra chipset in particular and the basic >bios used is too aggresive to run CAS 2.0 with RAM modules >that are double sided and have 8 chips per side. These double >sided modules with 16 IC's are what you find in nearly all of the >512mb modules you can buy from ANY source, not just OCZ. if i look at asus web site about last A7n8x-e deluxe, i can't see any 1024 memory compatibility ! what do you think about that ? are there twinx 1024 single sided with low timings (2 3 2 6 or under)? please help me asynchronous mode is not the best for speed. CU FabinovX (from France)

each module is CMX 512 LLPT (timing 2 3 2 6 ) in a beatifull platinium TwinX pack. :D: i use a barton 3200 @ 12 x 184 mhz because can't reach 200 Mhz in synchronous mode. I run my parts @ 2 3 2 6 but i 've alreday tried 2 3 2 8 and 2.5 3 2 6/8. noway ! can't manage to make them work fine @ 200 mhz with my mobo ! :[pouts: i repeat : if my barton run @ 200 FSB and i use 83% as multiplier for memory (parts @ 166 mhz) everything works fine ! everything works fine under 185 mhz in synchronous mode two ! please is there a way to make my memory work fine @ 200 mhz with my 8RDA3+ !

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the default speed of your CPU? In addition, I would suggest testing the modules one at a time with another system that will run DDR400 to make sure it's not just one weak module! However, from what you have posted that sounds like you have a 333MHz Barton that will just not O.C. to 400 MHz!

my cpu is barton 3200+ (11*200 fsb default speed) well i'm wondering if i have not a problem with my mobo because if i raise AGP voltage to 1.7 V and VDIM to 2.9 (-> 2.82 volt in readings) my system works fine under games. sounds like my mobo can't give enought power to 1 Go Ram and ASUS 9800 XT/TVD (i've adaptec 29160 U160 scsi controler two....). voltage under prime95 torture test are : vcore = 1.65 (with 1.675 in BIOS) vdimm = 2.82 (with 2.9 in BIOS) vdd = 1.62 (with 1.6 in BIOS) timing 2 3 2 6 (3200 LLPT Corsair default) +5 = 4.95 +12 = 11.92 +3.3 = 2.83 psu : ANTEC true power 550W i've tried memtest for a night with dual channel and there was no errors ! my PC just hangs in games, and works fine with xp desktop. can u please try to help me ? FabinovX

well i'll try to, but i need time because i've some important job to do at home, and my little baby is growing really fast you now... i just wish you won't forget me. I'll do my best , but what is the best mobo for me to try for ? well, i think i will peharps buy a new mobo and cpu for my wife computer. Maybe, if i buy a good one that works fine with my configuration, i'll give her the 8RDA3+....... what is the best nforce2 to run 1 Go corsair 3200 LLPT and XP 3200+, ASUS 9800 XT/TVD, 29160 controler with scsi scanner and DVD rom and 32 Go U160 HD, 160 Go sata HD, 60 ide HD and CD Burner Please ? C U FabinovX sorry for my 'frenchy' english

• Corsair Employee
I really can't suggest one MB maker over another, but if you are considering ASUS I would either get the older rev 2.0 A7N8X Deluxe and not get the -E version. Or the A7V880 would be a good choice as well as DFI's NForce2 MB or ABIT's NF7-S would both be a great choice as well!

• 4 weeks later...
hi, i'm back well i've something new: i sold my 3200 barton (not overclocked) and buy a 2600 XP Mobile :) (to overclock) it works really fine and now my cpu run at 2500 Mhz (12.5x200) and i hope it is just the beginnig. it is rockstable as you can see (cpu temp is under load, i just shooted once prime had been stop): [img]http://fabinovx.free.fr/Divers/Stable2500.JPG[/img] but to reach 200 fsb with my 8rda3+ (nforce2Ultra) i had to put 2.9 vdimm in Bios (2.82 real). if not, i have errors with memtest. i tried 2.7 Vdimm with 1.8 VDD(chipset) to be sure my chipset was not the problem. i still got some memtest errors. so i decided to test my memory with another board. I had the same prob with nf7s and couldn't reach 200 fsb without errors in memtest at stock voltage and timings which are 2 3 2 6 and 2.7V. well i'm really disappointed and think my ram is not reliable enough to get 200 fsb @ stock timings and voltages. what do you think i can do to be 'over shure' this is a ram issue (twinx 1024 LLPT rev1.2 )?

Well if i can't manage to make my parts work fine, i'll try to get rma, but i want to be sure there is no other way to make them run fine(i'm a bit far from you, you know, is this proposal ok for france (europe)?) i've not try to make them run alone and still tested with the two parts at the same time. do you think it will be a good thing to test each part 2 times with a different slot ? Maybe I'll see if it is not a problem with a slot/part or both ? dimm slots look very bad quality nowadays... cu FabinovX

• Corsair Employee
Well Both AN7 and NF7 have a good reputation with over clocking and should run great with these modules! In addition, they should be able to run at Cass 2-3-2-6 at DDR400 with a 200 FSB CPU is about all I can tell you! Other than in your situation when running or over clocking a 2600+ CPU it has been hit and miss, I have had better luck with a 2800+ non locked!

well, i try to investigate a little more to give you more elements. i've 2 samsung PC2700 256Mo value parts i bought with my first nforce computer. i just try to put them with my 8rda3+ (they are running while i write) i'm really amazed because they are running at stock voltage in cas3 (they are cas2.5 at stock) @ 209.9 Mhz. i took a screen as if you have time to compare with my other screenshot (with my corsair parts) you'll see the only thing that change is vdimm voltage and, in order to stay at 2500 speed i went back to 12 x i didn't burn with prime95 but this time i didn't get any errors with memtest with these settings. with my corsair parts, i have several errors @ 208 fsb 2.83vdimm before reaching 1000% coverage in memtest... let see : [img]http://fabinovx.free.fr/Divers/samsung-2500.JPG[/img] don't know if it is a problem with single and double sided parts (my 2700 are single sided) or one of my corsair part that a problem. well, i think i'm going to ask for an rma but does it work for europe ? i live in France and it will be quite expensive for me to send you back my parts (suppose need an insurance because of the price of my parts) :( don't know what to do, i'am a bit lost. how many average time does it take from europe to receive new parts ? if you bench my parts and you find no problem, what will happen, and what will you think about me ? can't stand people whom make me loose my time (if you see what i want to say...) cu FabinovX

• Corsair Employee
I would try your reseller first and see if they can help you get the modules replaced! If you do the RMA directly with us the time it will take will really depend on how you ship them too us as once received we will normally ship international shipments 2 or 3 day Air!

Hi, Well, i just want to ask you something more because my reseller guaranty has expired for 2 monthes now, and i'm not yet sure he will take my problem in consideration.(Told me, he need some informations from his provider before telling me if it's Ok or Not). But, my reseller told me about a CORSAIR subsidiary in SWITZERLAND. Can you confirm this information ? Is there a way to get an rma with them if my reseller doesn't want to change my parts ? SWITZERLAND is really near and it will very cool if i will be able to deal with them. CU FabinovX

• Corsair Employee
Well all I can tell you is if the reseller will not or cannot help you we will be happy to exchange them directly! However, all of our offshore resellers should be able to help you get your modules replaced as far as I know there are arrangements in place to help them help you as our mutual customer! All that being said, this is what I would do if it were me! Please try the reseller and see if they will help you! If they refuse to help, please email me with your reseller’s info and I will be happy to contact our European Sales Manager and address any questions about reseller responsibilities with our products! In the worst case we will take care of the issue directly ASAP! On the other hand it may help the reseller get a better relationship with our company and a better understanding of our policy to better help you as our customer! I cannot promise that I would be able to change anything, but I will sure be happy to ask! As far as I know when I have ever had a issue like this; it has helped all concerned get it resolved!

• 2 weeks later...
It's me one more time...... My reseller told me there was about 2 monthes delay to obtain new memory parts..... Well, i don't think i 'm going to try to change my parts anymore because of this delay. So, i tried to do more test with. I didn't try to go above 209 Mhz in my test. one of my part worked fine with stock voltage and 2.3.2.6 timings, in every dimm slot from 200 to 209 Mhz. :) the other one worked fine with stock voltage and 2.3.2.6 in every slot but only from 200 to 203 Mhz :( if i use both parts in dual channel mode, i have several errors at 200 Mhz and stock voltage and timings (i know you know that). But i don't really understand why ? Well, next i tried to relax the timings using 2.3.3.6 instead of 2.3.2.6 and now both worked fine at stock voltage at 200 Mhz and more (i now use FSB 214 Mhz and all is fine at stock voltage). Can you tell me if there is a big performance difference between 2.3.3.6 and 2.3.2.6 timings ? regarding to that i'm going to keep my parts, because 2 monthes i really a too long delay for me, and i think 214 @ 2.3.3.6 is quite enough for me (well i would prefer 2.3.2.6 but there are things much more important than that in life, aren't they?). RamGuy, I want to really really thank you for your help, and want to say to you that if i have to buy new xtreme memory parts in the future, i will buy Corsair again because of the serious/very good quality and service image you gave to me. (sorry for that frenchy translation...i hope you will understand it) The only thing i regret is that i live in a 400000 citizen city (the fourth of France) and it is still impossible to found Corsair parts at resellers stores ! so it is always hazardous/difficult to spend money on a product you can't see, and many more when you know about some friends whom ordered un product and get another one, because of availability was wrong on the internet store..... Yes, in France, you can see such a thing ! C U (but not to soon i hope ;)) FabinovX.

• Corsair Employee
I Well I do understand your situation and I thank you for the vote of confidence! However, I would suggest you go ahead and submit the RMA directly with us and explain the issue you had with your reseller, our Customer Service may be able to help get them to resolve this! But either way please let me know how it turns out and or if you need any help!

Archived