Corsair Community

K70 Black always scratched?

carnagerover

Hi,

I have just received my second K70 Black keyboard, both from different suppliers, the first had scratches on both the top left and right of the keyboard so it looks silver and this one has the same and then some more. This one was bought from a different supplier, should I keep trying to get a scratch free one or just give up and maybe get a silver version?

:confused:

Have you tried wiping the marks to make sure they aren't scratches?

It's possible that the suppliers have received the batch of keyboards where some are scratched. You can request an RMA to replace the keyboard via Corsair.

Hi,

The marks on the keyboard are scratches, I have wiped them to test and they are do not come off, you can see the silver aluminium underneath the finish. Not sure what I will do really, this is the second K70 I have received like this and they have both been from separate suppliers which makes it seem more to me like most of them are going to be like it to some degree.

• 5 months later...

New user here and sadly this has to be my first post. Just unboxed my three hours old Corsair Vengeance K70 and notice damages on the left side of the board. As you can see there are two different types of damages. Surely this must be possible to trace back to some factory.

http://i.imgur.com/LGzmYWc.jpg

Update. Seems like the "damages" on the upper part of the board actually was skin fragments from my fingers which was easily removed with a slightly damp cloth. Yes, that brushed aluminum is pretty sharp. So, whats left now is the bottom left corner and that cannot be removed cause that's in the metal. I've been in contact with local store and are waiting a reply on how to proceed. Dunno if I cba to ship it somewhere though.

http://i.imgur.com/kdvIake.png

Overall I'm very happy with the stuff I got yesterday. Just luv the M95 with MM200 compact as well.

Archived