Corsair Community

AX1200 braided cables

ZeroGravity

Hello. I am currently installing some new computer parts, and am still waiting for my braided cables for the ax1200 to arrive.

My question is about the cable design for 8pin cpu power. The stock cables for my ax1200 have a small raised section on the bottom of the connector which, due to the location of the 8pin power ports on the mobo, causes the connector to come into contact with the VRM heatsink and is blocked. Does anyone who owns this power supply and these braided cables know if the 8 pins are the same in this kit? My motherboard is the evga x79 dark. Thanks.

Thats why I asked you for a pic! LOL I haven't heard of it either. The connectors are pretty much a standard thing. I double checked my PSu which is a different brand and have the raised parts which it looks like you shaved off a little bit to get them to fit. They may touch the heatsinks a little bit, but if you can get them in all the way and locked then there really isn't anything to worry about. Surely EVGA has to know about it,they put them so close and surely they know the connectors touch .

I have an X58 mobo and the connector is placed right beside the heatsink as well. Very poor design :( Anyways i just took a pair of wire cutters and cut that tiny bit off then sanded it down so it would fit. Its not the power supply, its the board design :(

Archived