Corsair Community

Ticket 6335894 RMA Request

Qulixus

Hi,

Just wondering when this RMA request would be responded too, I requested an Express RMA which right now isnt really "Express". I was told in the process a Express RMA would mean I would get a replacement H80 sent out within 1 working day?

Also a quick question, the hold charge on the new unit is this the cost of the new part if the warranted part doesn't get back to their warehouse? Or do they keep the holding charge and an additional cost for the sent out part? The reason why I ask the cost of secure postage from me is the same price as the holding charge so is there any point in sending the faulty unit back and just binning it?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Qulixus, Corsair is closed until thurday. When did they tell you one would ship out? I ask because depending on when that ticket was processed with the Holidays it could take longer to ship one out. Holidays and weekends are excluded..

Also a quick question, the hold charge on the new unit is this the cost of the new part if the warranted part doesn't get back to their warehouse?

Correct. Once you return the old unit the charge would be removed.

Thanks for the reply Peanutz.

I set up the RMA at the weekend, and had a auto generated email saying it was accepted and the unit would be sent out in 1 working day. Had a feeling it was down to the season, but saw they were only closed yesterday on their support pages, and their online chat was never open to ask in the days up to yesterday.

Then I read on the forums how many people are having trouble with getting a reply to their requests and thought best to ask on here ready for when they are back in work ;-)

The question about the charge was if they add additional cost on that original charge if the unit doesnt get back to them. The reason why I ask is because it will cost me £23($38) to send it back, and I could just make use of the fans for the difference lol. But if they charge the holding fee ($50) and additional for the unit. I will end up sending it back, but just wanted to verify.

Regards

Rob

The question about the charge was if they add additional cost on that original charge if the unit doesnt get back to them. The reason why I ask is because it will cost me £23($38) to send it back, and I could just make use of the fans for the difference lol. But if they charge the holding fee ($50) and additional for the unit. I will end up sending it back, but just wanted to verify.

Just the holding fee. And that is only charged if it doesn't get returned in the specified amount of time.

Archived