Corsair Community

Cosair Link causes Windows XP to have memory errors.

campcreekdude

Friends: Steam.exe

The Unknown software exception (0x40000015)occurred in the application at location 0x3f01ea0.

The above is an example of an error that pops up when Cosair link is connected in Windows XP.

I have other games that do not load up because of the Cosair Link. Once Cosair link is plugged into Windows XP it tries to install a driver. Then it has two hidden non-plug and play drivers with exclamation marks on it.

I tried to disable them but that did not work.

I installed Cosair Link download from the website but it did not pick up any devices.

I know Windows XP compatibility is getting long in the tooth but this is just a warning for Windows XP users that have the H100i.

I got many memory write errors in a large number of games. Once I pulled out the plug it went away.

Yeah, I had the same problem occur with Windows XP SP3. My solution was to use a third-party PWM fan controller, and use the H100i's default profile to control the pump. I dual-boot with Windows 7 Pro being the second OS, so someone running this type of OS config could plug the USB cable in when using Windows 7 and program the H100i from there, and then unplug the USB cable when using Windows XP. The H100i remembers the last profile set through the Link software so it should control the fans and pump regardless of USB cable installation or not.

Thanks I was just about to set that up. its a good idea. I can easily shove the usb dongle out the back through the water hole area.

there should be a warning... as I contacted Steam Support about it... then i noticed its causing issues with everything.... i went as far as recovering from and old-image with of the entire xp hard-drive. Then I unplugged the H100i

All unnecessary if I just would have known before hand.

Yep. I did the same thing and I totally agree. I wish Corsair would give us a heads-up concerning the lack of compatibility with Windows XP. It may be an old OS, but some people (me included) still use it. It would have saved me some hair and lost time needlessly restoring a Ghost image.

I understand why Corsair doesn't want to devote any real time trying to get it to work in XP, as it has reached "End of Life" at Microsoft, but at least they could post a warning somewhere in the FAQs or something (along with a note regarding the fact that the hardware will still work perfectly fine in that OS, or any other for that matter).

Atleast the H100i Remembers what profile was last selected and uses it continuously. I connected the link internally just for one profile switch. then unplugged it.

The most recent game I own in Windows XP is Dead Space 3. I figure it will be the last major AA game released for XP.

Probably very true, unfortunately. XP is still a very good OS, given that it is much less resource intensive than 7 (so it works on more systems), and has less bloat (which means less headaches).

The good news about the H100i remembering the last profile is that it will work even on Linux systems. The only real limit is in updating the firmware.

Archived