Corsair Community

M95 cursor stops every 2-3 minutes

Redspeed93

Hi

I just got an M95 for christmas, after having used (and worn down) and M60 since the day it was available here in my country. I loved the M60.

I don't love the M95. I love it when it works but it doesn't work for more than a few minutes at a time. The problem is that the cursor just stops and micro-stutter in the same place even when I toss the mouse from side to side on the mousepad. It also stutters a tiny bit constanty, meaning when the mouse itself is completely still the cursor still "jumps" a few pixels in different directions :mad:

I have no idea what specifically is causing this, but I have ruled out it's not my PC, since the problem persists across 5 different machines, with various different ports on all of them. The cursor has stopped 6 times while writing this short bit of text.

Is this a software or a hardware problem?

I had a problem similar to this when I purchased the mouse. It's been a while but I think it was either due to being plugged in to a USB 3 port instead of USB 2, or it was due to flash or hardware acceleration. Worked through a few issues so I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was due to the USB port. Are you using a USB 3 port?

I had a problem similar to this when I purchased the mouse. It's been a while but I think it was either due to being plugged in to a USB 3 port instead of USB 2, or it was due to flash or hardware acceleration. Worked through a few issues so I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was due to the USB port. Are you using a USB 3 port?

As stated in the first post a bunch of different PC's and port have been tried - this includes both USB 2 and USB 3.

It sounds like the mouse may be faulty. Request an RMA to replace the mouse.

The mouse is just fine. It works well on 2 other laptops I tried today. No problems whatsoever. Smooth, no hiccups and no stuck cursor for serveral seconds.

So it has to be drivers/software related.

Archived