Corsair Community

H80i Fan not working at all

cesar3594

Okay guys so i installed this cooler today, and i didnt have room to install both fans so i only installed one, which is the one that is behind the cooler, i connected the fan to the cable that leads to the liquid cooler on top of the cpu, and connected that cable to my CPU_FAN connector, i also connected the other usb cable into a 2.0 usb port and i connected the sata cable aswell, when i turned it on the fan didnt turn on, and my cpu temp is really high, 51 celcius on average.. The corsair ignsina lights up and everything but the fans wont turn on, if i get a firm grip of the tubs leading to the liquid cooler i feel it vibrate, not sure if it's pumping but my cpu temp is at 45-55c underclocked at 1.2ghz.. anyone at all know what the heck is going on?

Well.. everything is still the same, fans aren't working nor turning on. I'm able to change to LED lights color on the corsair insignia, but other then that temperature are really hot, i', unable to play games or do anything because my pc is automatically shutting it self down when it reaches 78-85c. I installed the firmware and it isn't detecting nearly anything, only my cpu, gpu, and h80i pump (which is at 2081). But other then that i can't control the fan or anything.. anyone help?

It would probably be helpful for you to post your system specs for the future. I have a couple of questions:

1. How quickly does the CPU get to get to the 51 degree C average? If it is very fast, that could be an indication that no liquid is flowing even though you feel vibration in the tubing. If it takes a long time, that would indicate that liquid is flowing but that heat's not being removed by the radiator.

2. Can you test the fans directly by plugging them into a mobo header? The fan you are using may be bad. You say you are using one fan so maybe try the other?

Let us know.

It would probably be helpful for you to post your system specs for the future. I have a couple of questions:

1. How quickly does the CPU get to get to the 51 degree C average? If it is very fast, that could be an indication that no liquid is flowing even though you feel vibration in the tubing. If it takes a long time, that would indicate that liquid is flowing but that heat's not being removed by the radiator.

2. Can you test the fans directly by plugging them into a mobo header? The fan you are using may be bad. You say you are using one fan so maybe try the other?

Let us know.

Thanks for the reply, and i tried to plug in both fan to my mobo and both of them wouldn't even turn on, and yes the temperature is at 45-50c instantly, as soon as i turn on my pc, i go to cpu temp and it's at 45-50c, i plugged in my corsair ram fans cooler to see if my mobo didnt have power or something but they turned on when i fired up my pc, system specs are

Motherboard: Asus P9x79 WS LGA 2011

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 3.4ghz

GPU: 780ti

Ram: Dominator corsair 12gb ram

Hardrive: western digital 640GB

Any help at all?

Let us know.

I LIED! the fans do work, i connected it to the different fan pins they did turn on, but they dont turn on when i connect them through the cable that connects both fans together! i think the cable is faulty! and my cpu temperatures are at 43-45c immediately... any help

Archived