Corsair Community

Cmx512-3200xlpt Bad

I was having a problem with my pc wanting to restart directly after windows booted. I have 2 sticks of 512MB that are identical and swaped each out on its own. One stick runs fine, i.e. no startup glitch while the other continues to upset the system. I need this fixed ASAP as I am running some extremely RAM hungry programs/games. What now RAM guy?

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have set the correct jumper settings on your MB to 2-3 (200 FSB) and not the default 1-2 (133/166/200) and that the latest BIOS for your MB is installed and load Setup/optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200XL

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz

Memory Timing: User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.8 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI 9200 or 9600 then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

I must be the only person in the world who cannot get this memtest software to run. I burnt 3 cd's using nero 3 ways - 1st way just burn the unzipped iso file to the cd - 2nd way use the iso burn feature - 3rd way use the bootable cd feature. None of these worked. What now? How do I run this software? I guess I need "babystep" instructions or something cause I can not get this to work.

Archived