Corsair Community

Busted-up RAM

mrrogers

Just bought 2 Sticks of XMS PC 3200 (TWINX1024R-3200C2). Now my PC reboots randomly and i get the mesage "Random Access Memory Corrupted". I updated my BIOS and that helped a little but didn't totally solve the problem. My PC also crashes when I try to run games and I get a "Fatal Error" message.

• 2 weeks later...

The RAM is actually 2 sticks of TWINX1024-3200. Sorry about that. My BIOS is revision 1010 (the newest). Here are the settings:

CPU External Frequency: 200 MHz

CPU Frequency Multiple: 11.0x

Memory Frequency: By SPD (Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz)

FSB Spread Spectrum .50%

On a side note, a ran memtest about 10 times and it found no errors. I also tried a memory diagnostic by microsoft and it found no errors.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the jumper setting at 2-3 for the CPU FSB (200MHz) rather than 1-2 (Default 133/166/200) and make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/Optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200

CPU Freq: 200 MHz (400 FSB)

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz (400 FSB)

Memory Timing: User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI 9200 or 9600 then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived