Corsair Community

Cmx512re-3200ll

Bioazard

I have 4 XMS3200R 512Meg modules. I use them in A RioWorks HDAMC Dual Opteron board. The machine ran fine for a month or so. Then locked up and never booted again. I Isolated the issue to the memory. I have one bad stick out of the 4. The machine boots and operates fine so long as this bad stick is not installed.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed on your MB and use this as a reference:

TwinX1024RE or TwinX512RE-3200LL

CPU Freq: 200MHz

Dim Voltage: 2.75 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI 9200 or 9600 then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

DRAM Clock: 200 MHz/1:1/100%

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

The vast majority of those settings are not available in the Bios and it does have the latest Bios installed. The machine will not even post with the ram stick in. All I get is a 'BEEEEP' so running a memory test is out of the question. If I remove the stick, then everything runs fine. I then put the memory in a second machine (Asus Socket 940 with an FX 53 processor). Exactly the same results. Loud beeps are the only indication it is running. No activity on the monitor. I remove that stick and that board boots and runs fine as well.

Archived