Corsair Community

Damaged fins on h100i?

Pupnasty

Ok, thank you. I am new to this whole, watercooling thing, so just wanted to make sure.

like sait,bent fins will not harm things unless theres alot of them and then it will only inhibit cooling somewhat but theres no chance of a leakage as im sure this is your main concern...

Leaking was a concern, I just seen where 1 of the fins looked like something poked it during production or something (right in the middle of the rad), but hey, im running 22 celcius idle, and 32 under full load in bf4 (2.8GHz) and idling 32 celcius at 4.2ghz... so no cooling issues, haha.

And I think i finally fixed the GPU cooling issue as well when I put in the H100i with the fans as intake (offtopic, sorry)

no need to apologize as this is your thread;):

yes fan placement can really affect temps especially when running a heat monster such as a gpu...

This might be a interest for you on the gpu heat. Give this a read and see what you think.

http://www.legitreviews.com/nzxt-kraken-g10-gpu-water-cooler-review-on-an-amd-radeon-r9-290x_130344

this is a good comprimise for those unwilling to do a custom loop but wanting something better than stock fans

thx for sharing.

i might have considered this had i not got so deep in my WC already...

Archived