Corsair Community

H100i and FX 9370 Fan Control

sKamp

Hey beginner with this cooler trying to get a few tips on what I should do with Corsair Link for my Fan speeds. I've read through a few and most people go the custom curve setting, mines on default Fixed(RPM). Should I leave it on default, or set a curve and if so any tips on setting the curve because I am clueless?

Thanks

Edit: Also what are safe RPM'S for this cooler, or what do I not want to reach?

38c is the average highest temp most builds will run to,of course theres exceptions on many factors such as how hard you run things,your heat generating components,your fan setup ect...

but 38c is a very safe ceiling,a temp you probably will rarely reach in normal/moderate usage...

you might be hotter than 38c as the TDP of that cpu is 220w so at load it would get around id say 40-43c on a h100i with the stock fans. of course that is with say prime 95 running. to check your core temps use core temp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/. 61c on your cores is where you start to get problems and you will probably never hit that unless you are rendering something or stress testing. amd overdrive will also show all cores accurately( I would not OC with this just monitor).

rvc

Yeah I was OCing to 4.7 and getting hot temps so I dropped it back down. Weirdly I upgraded to 8.1 and now my fan controls don't show up in corsair link so now I'm stuck on default settings (fans always seem to be running at a high rpm while just idleing / browsing the web) ;(

Yeah I was OCing to 4.7 and getting hot temps so I dropped it back down. Weirdly I upgraded to 8.1 and now my fan controls don't show up in corsair link so now I'm stuck on default settings (fans always seem to be running while just idleing / browsing the web) ;(

skamp

list your pc specs in your profile as this help to diagnose issues you may have in the future

thx

Okay, just updated it.

I've researched that corsair link isn't working correctly with 8.1 yet, sadly. Is there any other program that will allow me to customize my fan settings?

Used the Workaround on the forums to get it working all is well.

Archived