Corsair Community

Corsair Link for Windows 8.1

TheStriker095

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well what a surprise, another fail from corsair. I really regret spending money on their parts.

I'm giving one more week for them to release this software before I start writing 1 star reviews where ever Corsair parts are sold, I mean its not going to be hard to convince people how bad they are, all I have to go is link this forum to show how many unhappy customers Corsair have.

For those that don't know, this has been going on for almost 2 years since it was released on January of 2012. The amount of money I paid on its release ($150+ w/ shipping), I could have gotten a real quality fan controller with software and a remote. I don't know what to do but I have given them more than enough time to get this thing straighten out.

There are a few forum "members" defending the Link for that long as well. I take their "knowledge" with a grain of salt. I have better things to do with my time than argue being a flaw product design than user error / components. Blaming people or their "unique" PC builds is the saddest excuse I've heard and been hearing for this long on these forums. From my understanding and the information on the product page since launch, I got the impression this was a universal fan controller with other capabilities. Almost 2 years to code some software just to do what its suppose to do. I think that's enough time but I am not a expert either.

Hope this thread doesn't get censored or our freedom of speech is declined as I notice a few threads have been closed when the complaints start running in with heated discussions.

Quick update guys - the first revision of the software we were testing had a major flaw and was unable to be released. We've addressed it and have a new Beta that we're much more comfortable with and we'll have it released as soon as possible.

I know there is a lot of hate headed Corsair's direction right now because of the 8.1 update (and rightfully so IMO), but I wanted to mention that as a first time builder, I regret ever purchasing an H100i. Even if I didn't care about the complete lack of an 8.1 update or being better kept in the loop about an update, the preexisting lack of compatibility with my Noctua fans and Haswell CPU make the lack of an 8.1 update the metaphoric "nail in the coffin". After seeing how Windows 8.1 has been poorly handled, I am not holding my breath to ever see support added for my fans or CPU.

This experience... This debacle, rather, is enough to make me steer away from purchasing Corsair products in the future.

-Andy

• Corsair Employees
Release the beta to us!

I will, but we want to make sure the Beta is acceptably stable and doesn't, say, cause guaranteed blue screens for people who have NVIDIA drivers installed or something.

We need to verify it before we release it. Our goal will be to release it to you as soon as we can.

• Corsair Employees

In order to get the version that works with 8.1 to work correctly it requires a firmware flash for the various products connected (H100i or whatever). Right now we've got it working the majority of the time but we've seen it brick an H100i during the firmware flash one time in the lab.

The main reason we're not releasing the current beta is we're doing a failure analysis to determine how it bricked the H100i and to make sure we don't release a beta that bricks half of your guys' hardware. This is why we screen the beta internally before release. A dead H100i isn't a big deal to us - we've got dozens of them in the lab. To you it's a much bigger deal.

I will, but we want to make sure the Beta is acceptably stable and doesn't, say, cause guaranteed blue screens for people who have NVIDIA drivers installed or something.

We need to verify it before we release it. Our goal will be to release it to you as soon as we can.

Thank you for the update, i would rather they were more stable than releasing them in haste, mostly becuase im a nvidia user :laughing:

In order to get the version that works with 8.1 to work correctly it requires a firmware flash for the various products connected (H100i or whatever). Right now we've got it working the majority of the time but we've seen it brick an H100i during the firmware flash one time in the lab.

The main reason we're not releasing the current beta is we're doing a failure analysis to determine how it bricked the H100i and to make sure we don't release a beta that bricks half of your guys' hardware. This is why we screen the beta internally before release. A dead H100i isn't a big deal to us - we've got dozens of them in the lab. To you it's a much bigger deal.

:bigeyes: Yikes, is this firmware flash mandatory? Though i do understand all firmware flashing runs the risk of bricking it and it can happen even if its not a beta release.

I would assume that if it bricked the H100i it runs the potential to brick a H80i or are they not all the "same"

i think getting this software consistent is like me doing paint and body work and getting the same results every time.a person can paint the same vehicle a 1000 times and come up with different results every time.

but i have the vehicle in hand where as yours is spread around the world with each owner.

i sure dont envy Corsairs task...

finally, an acceptable answer as to why this wasn't release inside your estimated time frame. this is all anyone was asking for from you guys. like really how hard would it have been to write that message at the end of your 4-6 week estimate? but no, you guys had to go a**e about t*t, blanking the forums and aggravating the situation.

Straight after installation it didn't show power tab. After restart I was able to see it there :)

So mystery solved - restart after you install Corsair Link

Now I can see how much power my system is using at any given moment but I would like to know how much it used since it's on or over the period of one month. Will there be such a functionality in the future?

Thanks,

Tom

I just wanted to say what many of us are thinking....I'm already hearing the words "windows 8.2" and I really don't want this to happen again... I don't know the details of 8.2 aside from the return of the start menu rumors, and I know it can be difficult to stay ahead of things... but I just felt it needed to be said. Thanks for your work guys, eagerly awaiting updates.

I have problems waking up my PC from sleep. I have just installed AX860i in my system. If I try to wake up my PC after a short sleep time (like 5 min) all is fine, but after longer period (hour or more) it just won't wake up. The light on the keyboard will come up but everything else is off. I have Windows 8.1 x64. Does any of you have similar problems? Do I have to change something in the bios? My old PSU was working just fine with the same BIOS setup.

Thanks,

Tom

I have problems waking up my PC from sleep. I have just installed AX860i in my system. If I try to wake up my PC after a short sleep time (like 5 min) all is fine, but after longer period (hour or more) it just won't wake up. The light on the keyboard will come up but everything else is off. I have Windows 8.1 x64. Does any of you have similar problems? Do I have to change something in the bios? My old PSU was working just fine with the same BIOS setup.

Thanks,

Tom

i would think its a bios setting but if you start your own thread specifically for this issue,your more apt to get additional ideas regarding your problem...

Thanks,

Tom

This often happens if PLL Overvoltage is enabled in the UEFI/BIOS. Also, if you're running Windows 8/8.1 disable "Turn on fast startup" in power options, this will fix many waking problems within windows.

http://prntscr.com/2bjgck

http://prntscr.com/2bjgaq

Off topic, how does one edit their signature on here? I cannot seem to find the option in the User Control Panel :/

Archived