Corsair Community

Can we get a Corsair Link Software...LINK?

Cybershaman

Dear Corsair:

Once again Maximum PC magazine has docked you guys a point for not including a CD for the Cosrair Link software with your coolers. While I don't mind having to go download drivers/software, it would be nice if there were a handy link in your Support FAQ section to do so. It's a bit of a pain to have to root a bit in the forums for said link. I just had to do an OS reinstall and while the software for my K90 keyboard were readily found, I once again had to remember that they were somewhere in the forum section. I guess I'm just curious why that has never been addressed. I'm happy with your products but I hate that minor little annoyance. I'm sometimes left with the nagging feeling that I might have missed another newer post. Again, I can get keyboard software with one handy link but I've got to look through the sticky posts in the 'Cooling' section to make sure I'm getting the right thing. How about we get the web gurus to add that handy link? What do you say? Pretty please? :)

Your Faithful Customer,

Cybershaman

The latest version can be also be found, wait for it...The LINK forums in the sticky's.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=209. And also again to the left in the sidebar under gaming software.

Not hard to find at all.

Once again Maximum PC magazine has docked you guys a point for not including a CD for the Cosrair Link software with your coolers.

Shame on them . In this day and age hardly anybody uses CD's. Most everything is stored in the cloud. I deduct one point from them for not getting with the times sooner!

corsair puts its software on the products page,which of course used to be out of the norm but most company's are doing the same practice as it saves in overhead which in turn can be passed to customers in the form of lower prices..

http://www.corsair.com/us/corsair-link/corsair-link-kits/corsair-link-cooling-and-lighting-kit.html in downloads

not only that, but this cds will expire everytime the software gets updated.

When i buy stuff like motherboard i never use the cds, i go directly to the site for latest software, (there is always a newer one :D:)

not only that, but this cds will expire everytime the software gets updated.

When i buy stuff like motherboard i never use the cds, i go directly to the site for latest software, (there is always a newer one :D:)

good points,i see this happening more n more

thx for adding;):

Thanks to all for replying. Truth be told it was just a comedy of errors on my part. I was tired and somehow ended up in Corsair's Support FAQ and then the forums in my drivers quest. I went right to Cooling in the forums instead of seeing the Corsair Link section. An honest mistake since the H100i is a hybrid product of sorts. I apologize for any confusion or hard feelings. Perhaps a link in the FAQ (like in the keyboard section) would have set me straight early. When I hit the forums I saw several sticky links for different software and firmware versions and just gave up at that point. Everything is all better now and I will pass the word along to any one else who has similar trouble in the future. And, again, I don't mind downloading software. I just brought up MaxPC since it reminded me what could happen if you get off the beaten path. The only good thing about a CD is that you can get a piece of hardware up and running quickly without net access. But with Inet just dripping from the air these days, that situation is becoming a thing of the past. Thanks again, Everyone. Carry on... ;)

Thanks, wytnyt. I was just going to blow it off but I thought that if there's one thing the Internet is in short supply of it would have to be humility. ;): Just have to remind myself to pause a moment before hitting the New Thread button. Pass it on and pay it forward! :D:

Cybershaman, it all good brother! Although I don't think I have ever had to blow off steam on the internet before.:roll::p:;):

I just brought up MaxPC since it reminded me what could happen if you get off the beaten path. The only good thing about a CD is that you can get a piece of hardware up and running quickly without net access.

I will agree to that. I reinstall Windows about once a year wether I need it or not, and I always download all my drivers and software ahead of time and burn them to a disc. It does save a lot of time. But really, taking of a point for a cd...I saw that too. Boy was that just stupid! :)

Cheers!

Dear Corsair:

Once again Maximum PC magazine has docked you guys a point for not including a CD for the Cosrair Link software with your coolers. While I don't mind having to go download drivers/software, it would be nice if there were a handy link in your Support FAQ section to do so. It's a bit of a pain to have to root a bit in the forums for said link. I just had to do an OS reinstall and while the software for my K90 keyboard were readily found, I once again had to remember that they were somewhere in the forum section. I guess I'm just curious why that has never been addressed. I'm happy with your products but I hate that minor little annoyance. I'm sometimes left with the nagging feeling that I might have missed another newer post. Again, I can get keyboard software with one handy link but I've got to look through the sticky posts in the 'Cooling' section to make sure I'm getting the right thing. How about we get the web gurus to add that handy link? What do you say? Pretty please? :)

Your Faithful Customer,

Cybershaman

I love Maximum PC, but in this case they are dead wrong, who needs CD's anymore!

At the rate things are going, we'll have built in RAM chips that have all kinds of software and maybe someday even little self-management CPUs in each peripheral. You watch... ;):

But, yeah, Max PC always uses the latest drivers for video cards and mother boards so I'm not really sure what the problem is. Other than age. And I can relate to that... Whippersnappers... :p:

Archived