Corsair Community

RM650 with Corsair Commander

vokuheila

What's the best way to integrate the RM650 PSU if I have a Corsair Commander (and also cooling & lighting kit)?

I tried plugging the cable given in the RM650 kit (which on the other end has a 3-pin fan connector and a 2 pin connector that goes into one of the temperature sensor ports on the cooling node)

Nothing relevant to the RM650 is showing up on my Corsair Link software. Any help is appreciated. Multiple connect/reconnect/restart are already attempted. Latest firmwares are being used (see below).

My CL version: 2.4.5110

Commander FW: 2.0.6

Cooling node FW: 1.2.11

Lighting node FW: 1.1.9

Did you check the FAQ and Support section of the RM650 they have a guide to hooking it to link. I think they mention sometimes it won't show up because it isn't switching the fan on.

If a USB port is unavailable, the RM power supply can plug into a Corsair Link Cooling Node. Using only the first half of the cable, plug the 2-pin and 3-pin connectors into the Cooling Node as you would a temperature probe and fan connector.

Since the signals are still analog, Link will see the +12V current measurement as a temperature. Simply right click on the “temperature” being reported, select “open config panel” and change “temperature” to “12V Rail Current sense”. It is suggested that you then rename the reading so it is easier to identify within Link.

Since the fan does not send a signal until it is spinning, it will not show up in Link initially if connected to the Cooling Node. In order to initially position and name the RM’s fan in Link, you may want to run a benchmark or burn-in program like Furmark to get the fan moving.

Since the signals are still analog, Link will see the +12V current measurement as a temperature. Simply right click on the “temperature” being reported, select “open config panel” and change “temperature” to “12V Rail Current sense”. It is suggested that you then rename the reading so it is easier to identify within Link.

I'm not even seeing that. Basically nothing is showing up from the RM650, temperature or otherwise. Yes I have read the manual/FAQ/Forums and double checked all the connections (3pin + 2pin) as well as reconnected/restarted/plugged into different cooling node ports a lot of times to try to get the link software to see anything, to no avail.

I ran Prime95 and FurMark for several hours. At no point in time did the fan in RM650 show up in the software. :( Is this worth RMA'ing?? The PSU itself is working fine otherwise... and I don't know if it's an issue with the PSU or the software, or maybe the commander.

Same thing to me. I do not see RM650 shows up in Link software!? Tried everything recommended here and do not know it's RM650 has a problem or the link adapter wire I purchased from Corsair has a problem. Is there any way to find out where is the problem?

thx for correcting me jan

i also assume the monitoring is limited as compared to the integrated units?

No, it is exactly the same. The RM unit requires you to purchase a separate USB connector if you don't have a link commander. I currently have an RM series waiting for after Christmas. I am concerned about the windows 8.1 issues though and hopefully they are resolved by then as this computer also has an H100i being installed.

• 2 months later...

I have an RM550, and bought the special USB connector for the Corsair Link port on it, plugged it into a USB port.

It shows up, has an icon for "RM PSU 12V A / Current" and "Rm PSU Fan". The value for "current" changes, but the fan never turns on, even after running Prime95 for awhile.

Also, the "Mode" value for the fan is only "Default Mode", and nothing else.

Anyone know why 1) the fan isn't turning on and/or Corsair Link isn't showing it turning on?

Also, I had hoped that the Corsair Link program would be able to display total power draw, but that doesn't appear to be shown.

- Tim

Archived