Corsair Community

Courcircuit

Dantares

Hi (i had forgotten to say hi, because i m very stress by the crash of my computer, scuse me)

I have had a problem with my Corsair PC4000 twinx xms 2x512.

A courcircuit in the power supply has deteriorated my GA-8knxp, and one of the module...

How to proceed with the ticket post id?

please!

thank you

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the exact model# of your memory module; along with the CPU speed, and its FSB as well? In addition, please tell me if you have the latest BIOS installed on your system and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

My mother board is the GA-8knxp, with the last bios (FH), i hadn't modify the CPU speed and the FSB yet.

And my memory : Corsair Twinx xms PC4000 2x512 with 3-4-4-8 settings.

(I haven t a good english lol scuse me)

In fact i was going to switch on my computer, and at this moment a big courcircuity occured, i don t know why!?? but the Power Supply (A Noise Blocker 430W) died, it didn't switch off when the courcircuit occured... So quickly i switched off my computer, open the case to evacuate the smoke.

I have tested my peripherals on another computer, my HDDs are ok, Graphic card too, cd rom too. But the mother card in the first view is clean like it was a new motherboard but it don t function correctly, because i have tested my tow RAM on another computer, and one of the tow is dead, and when i tryed on the 8knxp, none of my ram is recognized, and it does Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii[...]iiiip....

So my Corsair twins xms 2x512 are unasable because on one of these is crached (Twinx)...

My poor DDR and Motherboard... i don t understand at all what happened.

Thank you for your reply..

• Corsair Employees
Again your PSU caused this problem to your system. There is no way a memory can do such thing on your system. We will be more than happy to get your memory modules replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived