Corsair Community

davele

If you have ever accidently restarted your PC in any Corsair case. Please add your comment below. It may help Corsair management to cost justify a redesign of the front panels of most of their cases.

I'm writing this because I hope someone influential in Corsair design team will read it & solve the issue.

I like Corsair products, there is a lot to love about the Carbide cases. Yet I'd never buy one again.

Why?

One tiny feature.

The location & function of the Power button. (the reset button is marginally better)

The extremely sensitive power button is in the top corner. If you move the computer or accidently brush up against it. It is extremely likely you will power it off.

Resulting in lost work & possibly corrupted disks.

PLEASE CONSIDER, any / all of the following :-

1. Move the Power & reset buttons to the middle of the Panel.

You are more likely to knock the corner than the middle. But don't put it right at the top as people also push PC back from the very top edge.

2. Recess the Buttons a little. So if you rub your leg on the case, the button is protected.
  3. Require the button to be depressed 4 secs before it powers down. (like most other vendors)
  4. Protect it with a little piece of plastic which you have to slide out of the way in order to push.
    Similar to the way you protect the reset button on the Vengence C70.
    Ironically the Power Button on the Vengence C70 is all wrong. Much safer to have it recessed behind the Metal surround, so you need to put your finger thru a little metal square hole to push it.
    But maybe it is less sensitive than the Carbide models , I've never owned one.

As most people power down via the o/s, you don't need a power button so sensitive you can breathe on it.

NB: the Carbide 540 is the only Corsair case where this is not an issue. Maybe the 300R.

I realise this is a big ask as it impacts almost your entire product range.

Thank you for the great products you produce, I hope this feedback helps you to become even better.

• Corsair Employee

Yeah, #3 is a motherboard/BIOS/Windows setting thing.

I don't want to be all "PEBKAC," but I used to roll a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 and before that a SilverStone FT02 (now rolling a Carbide Air 540), and they've always lived under my desk (except the 540 which is on display), and I've never had the problems you're running into.

Yeah, #3 is a motherboard/BIOS/Windows setting thing.

I don't want to be all "PEBKAC," but I used to roll a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 and before that a SilverStone FT02 (now rolling a Carbide Air 540), and they've always lived under my desk (except the 540 which is on display), and I've never had the problems you're running into.

So you are telling me you've never used any of the cases which I mentioned had a design flaw.

Instead your experience is limited to 3 cases, all of which appear to have a better design.

And you have never experienced the problems I mentioned.

I don't understand the point you are making.

Are you saying you have no relevant experience on this issue & will escalate the feedback to someone to investigate?

Or merely bragging that you avoided buying the models I mentioned had this problem?

Isn't #3 a motherboard/bios issue? The "power switch" is a momentary contact switch.

For most it is a BOIS setting. However some vendors who design & supply a proprietary system eg: HP, IBM, occasionally design this feature into their power supplies.

#3 is probably not an option for component developers like Corsair.

I've never seen anyone complain about hitting a power switch accidentally or them being sensitive..

I have the 650 and a hand me down 800D and haven't experienced any trouble with either of them. Both of which do have slightly recessed buttons. which if anything do take more than a slight bump or brush of a leg to push. They have a definite "click" to them

i could possibly have this ''bumping'' problem on one of my carbide cases but it still wouldnt be an issue as i have all my power buttons set to hibernate and shutdown the computer from windows.

i also havent seen one that didnt require pushing several seconds in order to turn it off as most m/b's function as such...

Archived