Corsair Community

Swifteck Res/Pump/Rad in 540

wa3pnt

Has anyone installed a MCR-320 Drive Rev2 in the front of a 540 case, or a MCR-220 Drive Rev2 in the top of a 540 case.

I'm considering these on an impending build. It's hard to measure with equipment in the 540 that I'm currently using. I have another 540 inbound, but was curious if these will fit, or if I need to continue research on other options.

I was also looking at the XSPC Photons, but they are out of stock everywhere.

RodeoGeorge

heh heh heh

we got the bug dont we george?

have you checked out the 540 builds in the mod section

several good idea there

the xspc are in stock here

http://shop.xs-pc.com/xsp/XSPC-Photon-270-Tube-Reservoir-3x-G14-Ports_41646.html

Yes, burning the midnight oil reading, and reading, and reading. LOL

I notice the Frozen has the XSPC D5 Photon 270 in stock. That would fit the 540. The 170 from XSPC winds up being about $215 delivered to the USA.

Between Thanksgiving and packing the RV for Las Vegas (National Finals Rodeo) next week will be a waste with regards to computer projects.

RodeoGeorge

just a heads up george , the MCR-320 Drive Rev2 is EOL in the cooling line up...

Thanks. I'm pretty sure that the 320 will be too tall for the front of the case.

Back to the drawing board. LOL

Possibly a 220 for the top to cool the Chipset and GPU, then a 320 in the fron with reservoir and pump to do the CPU and RAM.

Still thinking.

RodeoGeorge

Possibly a 220 for the top to cool the Chipset and GPU, then a 320 in the fron with reservoir and pump to do the CPU and RAM.
Your RAM will barely get warm. It wont have very much impact on your loop at all which free up capacity.

Soooo, if it were me, i would group your chipset with your RAM and CPU and put your GPU on it's own loop. This way if you go SLI or Xfire in the future you wont have to redo your loops anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion peanutz.

Well, my second bare 540 arrived today, and I was able to take more accurate measurements.

The SRM-320 is too tall for the case.

The SRM-220 will not leave enough space in the front for a 3X120 radiator.

Two options come to mind.

1. Install a SRM-220 in the top, and then either a SRM-220 or 2X120 Radiator with Reservoir and Pump in the front.

2. Abandon the dual loop scenario, since I'm not overclocking and only using one GPU, and install a single loop with a good (thick) 3X120 Radiator, Reservoir, and powerful Pump.

I'm leaning toward option 2.

This is just a play project anyway, and I'll probably tear it apart and change it several times. It will be interesting to see the efficiency of various options, and I'll get a lot of practice in bending rigid tubing. LOL

RodeoGeorge

Archived