Corsair Community

H100i Decently mounted - prodigy?

mz0rz

what i'm worried about is , if this thight fit might leak sometime?

Should i worry about it?

This is a risk you take when water cooling of any kind. Whether it be these AIO coolers or custom loops.

Chances of them developing leaks is very slim though. Best thing to do is periodically check things over and quit using it if there is any sign of moisture.

When you install a liquid cooler, Corsair-branded or any other, you are assuming some level of risk that it will leak at some point. You also assume additional risk when you overclock or otherwise modify your system to operate beyond spec.

Chances are it won't leak as the percentage of systems that leak appears to be very low. But, as in my case, my H80i began to leak and I removed it and went back to air cooling. YMMV.

This is a risk you take when water cooling of any kind. Whether it be these AIO coolers or custom loops.

Chances of them developing leaks is very slim though. Best thing to do is periodically check things over and quit using it if there is any sign of moisture.

So i should not have to worry about it? Since it seems flexible enough , but when fitting the heatsink i was seriously worried since i needed to flex the hoses with some force.

What about warrenty? It seems Corsair is not located here in the netherlands , so if something might happen what location should i contact? Perhaps Germany? since its closest to the Netherlands

When you install a liquid cooler, Corsair-branded or any other, you are assuming some level of risk that it will leak at some point. You also assume additional risk when you overclock or otherwise modify your system to operate beyond spec.

Chances are it won't leak as the percentage of systems that leak appears to be very low. But, as in my case, my H80i began to leak and I removed it and went back to air cooling. YMMV.

Thanks for your reply. So did you damage any of your parts when the h80i started to leak?

So i should not have to worry about it? Since it seems flexible enough , but when fitting the heatsink i was seriously worried since i needed to flex the hoses with some force.

No, you don't need to "worry " about it. Just check on it every so often. It only takes a second or two to visually inspect it .

What about warrenty? It seems Corsair is not located here in the netherlands , so if something might happen what location should i contact? Perhaps Germany? since its closest to the Netherlands

The warranty is good around the world. Corsair actually has an RMA hub there in the Netherlands. So it shouldn't be any big deal for you IF you were to have an issue. You would contact tech support either here in the forums or by using the link on the left to create a ticket.

In the very rare event that you would have a leak and damaged components you can request a damage claim form . Corsair has been known to cover components damaged. But keep in mind these are strictly cases by case situations. There is also a cap on how much they will cover as far as a monetary amount.

In the second picture you can see that the ram modules are fairly close to the heatsink tubes , are the tubes protected from the heat they produce ? I'm running them @ 1600mhz.

memory doesn't run that hot. It barely gets warm. But not enough to hurt the tubes.

No, you don't need to "worry " about it. Just check on it every so often. It only takes a second or two to visually inspect it .

The warranty is good around the world. Corsair actually has an RMA hub there in the Netherlands. So it shouldn't be any big deal for you IF you were to have an issue. You would contact tech support either here in the forums or by using the link on the left to create a ticket.

In the very rare event that you would have a leak and damaged components you can request a damage claim form . Corsair has been known to cover components damaged. But keep in mind these are strictly cases by case situations. There is also a cap on how much they will cover as far as a monetary amount.

memory doesn't run that hot. It barely gets warm. But not enough to hurt the tubes.

Thanks for the reply , that answered all of my questions.

Archived