Corsair Community

Potential thermal issue with RM750 and RM850

RAM GUY

Could you guys take a look in ticket #6461182?

I'd like to know if that advanced shipping (where you guys send me a PSU first so I won't stay without a PSU anytime during the RMA) is working for my country? I live in Brazil.

Thanks again.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Could you guys take a look in ticket #6461182?

I'd like to know if that advanced shipping (where you guys send me a PSU first so I won't stay without a PSU anytime during the RMA) is working for my country? I live in Brazil.

Thanks again.

All RMA policies are worldwide.

Thank you for its incredible speed in answering my RMA after I posted here, I'm here glad about it.

I'd like ask just a few more questions, though.

First of all is: Will I have any costs on sending this PSU to you guys? I heard that, to this problem specifically, you guys are sending PSUs in advance, so we won't be without a PSU anytime. Will this work for me?

2: As I asked on the first question, if that works or if it doesn't, in any case, will I have to spend money to send the PSU to you? My ticket says they requested a UPS call-tag for me, and that they will contact me to schedule a pick-up, that means I won't pay anything? I'm asking because shipment costs from my country to another one are really expensive here, it costs up to 50% the value of PSU, and if I have to pay anything, I won't be able to return it.

Thank you again.

• Administrators
Thank you for its incredible speed in answering my RMA after I posted here, I'm here glad about it.

I'd like ask just a few more questions, though.

First of all is: Will I have any costs on sending this PSU to you guys? I heard that, to this problem specifically, you guys are sending PSUs in advance, so we won't be without a PSU anytime. Will this work for me?

2: As I asked on the first question, if that works or if it doesn't, in any case, will I have to spend money to send the PSU to you? My ticket says they requested a UPS call-tag for me, and that they will contact me to schedule a pick-up, that means I won't pay anything? I'm asking because shipment costs from my country to another one are really expensive here, it costs up to 50% the value of PSU, and if I have to pay anything, I won't be able to return it.

Thank you again.

Please respond back to your ticket if you have questions on what someone said in the ticket. It's the most efficient way to get help. Yes, we're paying for the shipping.

Hi TechnoBeard

Can i be sure that the RMA-ed units will be from the updated batches as well?

As i understand, i maybe receiving refurbished units, so just want to know that even these units have been updated to fix the thermal issues.

Over here in Singapore, hitting above 35 deg Cel is like an everyday event.

Thanks.

• Administrators
Hi TechnoBeard

Can i be sure that the RMA-ed units will be from the updated batches as well?

As i understand, i maybe receiving refurbished units, so just want to know that even these units have been updated to fix the thermal issues.

Over here in Singapore, hitting above 35 deg Cel is like an everyday event.

Thanks.

Yes. It was fixed months and months ago.

Hi, i just recently bought the RM850

my SN:14077606000******

does this mean my unit is not the impacted by the recall ?

i'm asking this is becase i've never see the fan in action (which i under the zero rpm feature)

but when i check the PSU after 30min the system is on. it feels extremely hot i can barely put my hand on the top surface. i'm sure it definately over 55c degrees

is this normal is PS is above 50c degree and the fan still not on ?

thanks

• Corsair Employee
Hi, i just recently bought the RM850

my SN:14077606000******

does this mean my unit is not the impacted by the recall ?

You're good.

i'm asking this is becase i've never see the fan in action (which i under the zero rpm feature)

but when i check the PSU after 30min the system is on. it feels extremely hot i can barely put my hand on the top surface. i'm sure it definately over 55c degrees

is this normal is PS is above 50c degree and the fan still not on ?

thanks

Could be that the housing is hot, but there's two thermistors inside the PSU. If the PSU was too hot, the fan would either turn on or the whole PC would shut off.

Including your system specs would help a lot.

ya the housing is really hot, it is normal ?

my system

i5 4670K

asus ROG max vi hero z87 chipset

Asus R280x video card

kingston 8gb ram 1600mhz

samsung 128gb SSD

2 500gb sata hdd

i do have few case fan

2 for front 1 top and 1 back

• Corsair Employee

"Really hot" is a relative term without a number attached.

Your PC is barely 400W under full load, so you're probably not going to see the PSU fan ever run, but if you want to give it a shot, fire up Prime95 on all but one of your CPU cores and run Furmark at full screen and see if the PSU fan starts up.

What chassis and how is the PSU oriented?

Due to the fanless mode, the outer housing of the PSU will often feel much warmer when with a low load, when the fan is off. This is fine and well within the safe operating parameters for our PSUs.

Under heavier loads, the PSU internals will generate more heat but, the fans will run so the outer housing will be cooled.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived