Corsair Community

windows 7 diagnostic found h/w problems but Memtest86+ does not!!!

jimmissia

Hi to everyone.I have a Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H motherboard with 16GB of RAM.More specific i have installed 2 sets of (2x4gb) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B.

All settings are set to defaults or set by SPD.When i run the extended memory test of windows 7 (not the basic or the default only the extended)hardware problems are detected.I tried to run Memtest86+ version 5.01 with multithreading enabled and default tests for about 20(yes twenty)hours after 6

passes no errors detected.Has anyone have any idea why this happens???Am i having problem with memory or not???The reason i ran the tests was because the two Bsod i got last weekend.The first one was ftdisk.sys error and the second one was C000021a unknown hard error.Then i realize that windows mem diag reports problem (which i am not able to see in the event viewer of windows 7 for unknown reason) but memtest86+ not.Do anyone have any idea???Please help me because i am afraid the system is getting unstable.One last thing is that before two months i made o format and installed double boot OS winxp64 and win7x64 on a corsair 128gb ssd gs Disk.Thank you in advance.

• Corsair Employees
Agreed. I'd easily trust memtest over the Windows diagnostics. Googling both of your error messages made me suspect that something went haywire with your dual boot. That's why I suggested reformatting to a single OS; if problems persist then at least we have things nailed down. But also keep in mind that XP 64-bit is going to be flakier than a leper colony regardless.

Archived