Corsair Community

H100i and Windows 8.1

DavidMinster

The result of Corsair dropping the ball on the H100i corsair link compatibility with Windows 8.1 and, their lassez faire, sneering attitude towards people who complain about it has resulted in me no longer using the product, I see and I see that South Africa's prime computer magazine (NAG) has done the same for the same reasons and now no longer recommend the H100i. Just thought I would let you know. The reason I have started a new thread about this is because there are us power users who have the means to try, and use the best that's out there, if it it is as advertised then we recommend it to others and so the news filters down the chain. You don't support us we don't support you, fair trade. Feel free to censor or remove this post at least I have let you know why I won't use your products anymore, as are others, as mentioned above.

The result of Corsair dropping the ball on the H100i corsair link compatibility with Windows 8.1 and, their lassez faire, sneering attitude towards people who complain about it has resulted in me no longer using the product, I see and I see that South Africa's prime computer magazine (NAG) has done the same for the same reasons and now no longer recommend the H100i. Just thought I would let you know. The reason I have started a new thread about this is because there are us power users who have the means to try, and use the best that's out there, if it it is as advertised then we recommend it to others and so the news filters down the chain. You don't support us we don't support you, fair trade. Feel free to censor or remove this post at least I have let you know why I won't use your products anymore, as are others, as mentioned above.

corsair hasnt dropped the ball on win8 or 8.1 which is the same os,their in the process of developing software as we speak.

i surely do not see any sneering attitude from them in fact what i have seen is an overwhelming amount of restraint towards users that expect things to happen on their schedule.

proper working software cant be made over night unfortunately and corsair will deliver asap,like always....

just please try to be patient

I am building my new rig today when the Corsair 1050 psu arrives on the ups truck.

I went with win 8.1 pro for my OS and I bought a H100i for my 4770k cooling.

I hope I dont have any troubles when its time to start up !

if you install win 7 and make your preferred profile for the h100i,then install win8 ,the profile you made will be used.

You will.

You will not be able to setup any fan profiles.

sinnedone, I personally think it would have been more accurate for you to state that "I" (meaning sinnedone) was not able to set up fan profiles.

Myself, and many other users, have a fully functional system with Windows 8 (and now 8.1), Corsair LINK, Cooling Node, Lighting Node, H100i, and AX860i.

I do not feel it is appropriate for you to project and predict that YOUR shortcomings will be the case for others.

RodeoGeorge

sinnedone, I personally think it would have been more accurate for you to state that "I" (meaning sinnedone) was not able to set up fan profiles.

Myself, and many other users, have a fully functional system with Windows 8 (and now 8.1), Corsair LINK, Cooling Node, Lighting Node, H100i, and AX860i.

I do not feel it is appropriate for you to project and predict that YOUR shortcomings will be the case for others.

RodeoGeorge

while i too agree with your assessment,people for whatever reason that have had a problem tend to feel their doing the community a favor by expressing their experience with a product ,its the same when people voice in support of a product

all products have the same love/hate users and irregardless people tend to see the pro's and cons and come to their own conclusion...

I have finished all of my build. Only took about 4 hours to build the system, but 6 hours to install all of the software I like to use. I had so many problems with three hard drives and moving things from one to another another before I could format one and then move stuff and format another. I installed 8.1 to the wrong hard drive and spent hours trying to get

rid of windows on one hard drive without "permissions" but finally ended up with two SSD's empty and one raptor with the stuff I wanted saved.

Getting back to corsair........ My new H100i is so quiet, I was not sure it was working.

AI suite says at idle im at 29C. I have just downloaded the corsair liink program, and

its not doing much of anything...fans dont show up, wonder what I did wrong? How can I check what firmware im using, as tech support said my manual was really old.

I did not see anything to change the led color while getting more cpu usage. I only have one of the y connectors in the top right slot and did not see the reason to use them both only to have one empty in each.

So far, I love the quiet, but I know Im missing out...........Thanks for any help with this. ALSO my bios reports NO CPU FAN

• 4 weeks later...
I feel like corsair had more than enough time to prepare the drivers for official release when 8.1 released, developer preview was out for some time before the full 8.1 released. I only found a working audio driver for my 2000 headsets last night. after months of following threads and waiting updates, the same with my h100i now, oh and don't forget my M90 mouse, i'm sure if my K70 keyboard also required software that would of also be screwed, yea I'm a BIG corsair fan boy love all there products, but why does it take months to develop drivers for the products ? other company's where fixed and ready then win 8.1 released why could corsair not do the same ?

There is a registry "hack" (Google it) to temporarily fix this and make it work properly with the link software. Works fine for me now.

I recall someone saying they didn't want to change the registry because they'll forget what they changed...write it down!

There is a registry "hack" (Google it) to temporarily fix this and make it work properly with the link software. Works fine for me now.

I recall someone saying they didn't want to change the registry because they'll forget what they changed...write it down!

We have the entire Internet as a memory these days.. You know, just Google "Corsair Link Registry Fix Windows 8.1" if you forgot the exact registry key you modified.

We have the entire Internet as a memory these days.. You know, just Google "Corsair Link Registry Fix Windows 8.1" if you forgot the exact registry key you modified.

Don't rely on this method! The registry hack listed here suggests that you will find 4 x '0' s in the correct path. I in fact had 3 x '0' s and a '1'. So best to note down what your values are in the stated paths. Easy to open a notepad and write them down and save them for yourself for later reference, just in case your registry values were 'different'.

I think it would be considerate of corsair to post a clear warning on the download of corsair link that there will be a delay of up to 2 months before the new user can utilize the software properly with windows 8.1.

Embarrassing, yes. Honest, yes as well. This would be biting the bullet and manning up and facing the music (pick your next cliche and insert here) and being as up front with a new customer who's excited about their h80i or h100i etc and at least soften the blow of disappointment for a largely known problem at this juncture. Otherwise, it's a free country and they must deal with hearing all of this. Honestly, sit down send out a beta driver and make it clear it's beta until the final driver is available so that people don't have to go into their registry and manipulate it themselves and keep track etc. Lazy? Well, that's the consumer's point about corsair. Take 5min for one of your staff and get that out there yesterday! It makes you look a lot better PR wise, let's you worked on the polished version of the update on your own time, and most importantly upsets a lot less of your customer base. You can't simply just expect all of us to wait till you're ready. If you do, it shows you don't care to spend the energy to provide a solution like I just mentioned. It's not that hard. As Nike says, "Just Do It!"

You have got to be kidding me?

I just bought an H100i after checking this link (under Learn) to make sure that the Corsair link software was compatible with W8.

If it's not compatible with W8 why is it listed right there on the Corsair Link page??

A warning would be nice, lying about compatibility is infinitely worse.

http://i.imgur.com/1tEqhjl.jpg

The only thing worse than having a problem with a product is someone telling you it's your fault no matter what you say.

And to add, someone telling you to make edits to your registry without knowing you, is the worst thing they could do, because if something goes wrong, not only do you have a messed up computer, they blame you simply because they got it to work.

Archived