Corsair Community

Corsair F120 - 120GB

EypheQz-9

I'm attempting a secure wipe of my SSD using Corsair Toolbox.

I have the drive currently hooked up as a secondary drive on my WinXP machine, and the Toolbox is able to detect the drive and it's SMART status.

When I attempt the Secure Wipe command, I receive the following error:

Wipe Failed.

Error: Invalid Request Type

If I click on the Optimize tab on the left, I get the message at the bottom stating "There is no recognized filesystem on this drive"

I have also attempt a LiveUSB Gparted secure wipe, but I received the error "Input Output error, can't read drive /dev/xxx"

I can also detect the drive during POST, but the OS on the SSD will no longer boot.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Corsair CSSD-F120GB2 ATA Fixed Disk

Firmware Version: 2.0

I decided to use GParted instead due to the fact that Parted Magic is now Payware.

I even attempted a Windows Setup on the SSD, but during installation Windows says that it cannot install to this disk.

I'm assuming that after 3 years of use, it's possible it's just dead.

You might try diskpart as it is already installed as part of your os. I know it is not the most recommended fix but I have used it and it works fine.

Run diskpart.exe

1 list disk

2 select disk x with x being the number given for your ssd

3 clean (this destroys all partition/volume data on the disk)

4 create partition primary align=1024

5 active

6 format fs=ntfs quick

7 exit

Using diskpart I was able to clean the disk, but when it came time to create the partition I received the error:

DiskPark has encountered an error: The request could not be performance because of an I/O device error.

I've tried different cables, ports, and two motherboards. I've narrowed it down to the SSD.

I do appreciate all the help though, but I think I'm going to accept that my SSD is no longer functional.

Archived