Corsair Community

need help with mod h100/ h70 combo stock pump

musicheadztv

i know a think or 2 about water cooling in fact i have a monster rad standing by for when i have the cash to use it im 200 bucks away. but for now i would like to go and mod my h 100 by adding my h70 as i have the tools now and it would be free for me to do .i just wanted to know if the stock pump would be able to take it . if not then i will hold out .

i have the tubing that was sent to me for free for my last water cooling build on my x58 it was the wrong size in fact its the same size tubbing that the h100 uses now im on z77 and loving it .

my overclock is around 4.6 on a cold day 70c and 4.5 on a hot day .

the h70's pump died on me along time ago and i would guess that lower temps would be better on the pump for the h100 till i can save up to use my moster rad for the cpu .

thanks for the help

i think youll see it stays cooler longer initially but once the water gets heated itll perform relatively the same but ey,the fun is in confirming ;):

lol i could if i wanted to make this a h300 monster just for kicks if i had the fans for my rad ahahahaaha:eek:

by the way i got my monter rad mostly for its looks .

ok i think im going to see if i can try this with the h70 and h100

know a think or 2 about water cooling in fact i have a monster rad standing by for when i have the cash to use it im 200 bucks away. but for now i would like to go and mod my h 100 by adding my h70 as i have the tools now and it would be free for me to do .i just wanted to know if the stock pump would be able to take it . if not then i will hold out .

Do you mean adding the rad from the h70 to the h100 so you have two rads and one pump in the same loop?

If I'm understanding you correctly, the stock pumps might have a hard time moving that much of a volume of water and the added restriction of another rad. It would probably work initially, but i can't say that your pump wont give out early

Archived