Corsair Community

Replacement Temp Sensor

Sor-Bobalot

Hey.

This question is really aimed at RAM GUY

I submitted a ticket 6198958

One of the temp sensors i got with my lighting and cooling kit has gone faulty. It no longer reads a temp. Tried changing the port it connects to and it makes no difference so i can assume its dead.

Is it possible to get a replacement from you guys for this?

allow me to say that you can fill out a rma request and in the comment section explain what you need,also ive found that some of these sensors are finicky,meaning if bent a certain way the signal gets lost.,i had one that did this and once straightened out it has worked since

Yeah ive put notes in the comments on the RMA

Its weird to be honest what's going on.

The cooling node is detecting that its connected but no temp is being shown.

all the sensors are positioned so they are straight. This particular one is sandwiched between the aluminium fins on my north-bridge. Its the actual wire that's keeping it in place.

Yeah ive put notes in the comments on the RMA

Its weird to be honest what's going on.

The cooling node is detecting that its connected but no temp is being shown.

all the sensors are positioned so they are straight. This particular one is sandwiched between the aluminium fins on my north-bridge. Its the actual wire that's keeping it in place.

pull it out and hold between your fingers and see if it reads,reading will stop if sandwiched together too hard.either way tho corsair will respond to you soon and most likely suggest a replacement anyways...

If possible, i would try using one of the other temp sensors in that same port on the cooling node. This way you know if it's just the sensor or the cooling node itself.

Good point, as a few others and myself have experienced a Cooling Node Temperature Sensor reading "0" when using 2.4.5110.

Just the one sensor.

Interchange Probes, and the bad reading remains on that same Channel, and does not follow the Probe.

Had the bad reading followed the Probe, is would have indicated a bad Probe.

RodeoGeorge

Issue Resolved -

swapping around the ports on the cooling node made no difference. In fact i lost another sensor swapping them around.

I fixed the issue by shutting down the system, removing all power(allowing the capacitors to drain from the motherboard) then changing the port the cooling node was connected to on the link commander.

Noticed a software bug in the link app. It still showed the other sensors and fans. I had to manually remove them.

Cooking with LARD now boys :)

Seeing the old (previous) sensors and fans is normal because Corsair LINK loaded the last saved profile.

As you mentioned, just delete the old devices and replace them with the new ones that will be in the left margin.

Glad that you got things perking.

RodeoGeorge

Archived