Corsair Community

New AX860 psu system turns on then off instantly

WR4P-TP

After reading all complaints regarding this series, I don't know why, but I still bought it just because my old two old vx550 and tx650v2 are giving me solid performance and stability still. But just after 4-5 days (today), while working normaly as usual my system just turned off instantly without any BSOD, it just turned off:mad:. Now after cutting power completely and turning it back on, I tried to start it again but system just turned on for a half second or less then turned off with a click sound inside psu, this whole thing happens again and again in loop. What is this man :eek:. I tried this psu on my tx650v2 system with same result. I don't have power problems here, all systems are connected to their separate ups (apc pro 1kv LCD). What should I do now? Go for RMA? I just bought it man. This is just sad.:[pouts: What a headeache.:sigh!:

Sould I try to exchange it for new RM series? Is RM any better in reliability than AX760/860? (with less faulty units in the market)? Right now I don't care for gold or platinum, I just want good reliable psu like tx and vx series.-(

Update: Yesterday distributor took and sent my faulty ax860 for an rma, as he wasn't ready to give me a new one against this psu, i knew coz the way he was trying to doge my words/request.-( He wasn't mentioning replacement as an rma though. But i understood that they don't want to give me a new one or another model because they don't want to take any loss of a faulty psu which they sold to me.-( Now they gave me this receipt(i will attach a scanned copy, if allowed) and said that it will take a +week for a new replacement psu to arrive(rma obviously, if it is going to take this long). This psu also fired my two wd black 1tb drives pcb's, due to instant on off problem (ssd survived btw). These two drives are also going for an rma request(all my data, sad).-( Can you guys please look into this matter and ask them to make sure i won't get bad quality psu next time or if possible then provide me RM1000 series instead(if available or whenever available) or RM850 instead (with some refund? or i will by something ect) because i don't want to gamble with my money. I don't have faith in new AX series psu's anymore. I would prefer to run my system with some local generic psu over new AX series psu and nobody takes rma'ed psu at its full price here, people here consider it as repaired or refurbished.-( I also aked a local dealer if he can help me in reselling it, he also replied that he stocked three new AX series and from last three months they are still not being sold, all below the new AX models are selling but not the new AX.-( People are not buying it, they are also avoiding GS series and preferring Antec or CM psu's over it. What is wrong with corsair quality these days.-( I really curse the day when i decided to upgrade my psu. My system is down and damaged ever since.-(

Sangzeel, I am sorry , but there is no way to track your RMA since you went through your distributor. They have no control over what your distributor policy's are.

Also Corsair can not switch you to a different model. You would receive the same model back. If you want to switch models at this point, you would need to arrange that with your distributor or whoever you bought the PSU from.

Yesterday distributor took and sent my faulty ax860 for an rma, as he wasn't ready to give me a new one against this psu, i knew coz the way he was trying to doge my words/request.-( He wasn't mentioning replacement as an rma though.

I wish you would have done your RMA directly through Corsair. Not only would you have been able to track everything, they would have just replaced the PSU no matter what.

I would prefer to run my system with some local generic psu over new AX series psu and nobody takes rma'ed psu at its full price here, people here consider it as repaired or refurbished.

While Corsair does have the right to send out refurbished PSU's 99% of them are brand new units.

I'm sorry, All you can do is wait and see what your distributor tells you.

I wish there was better news .

Archived