Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500 and Windows 8.1

d1ck3r

They better bring out some kind of driver very soon. Without the driver my Vengeance 1500 sounds like the cheapest piece of junk I could find, since it only plays 2.0 sound.

Unfortunately I already updated to 8.1 and I'm really not in the mood to format in order to go back to windows 8.

This is a major bug and it seems like the guys with the Vengeance 2000 is also having the same problems. Lets hope a lot of people complain about it so we can get a new driver (even if its a a beta driver) quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
A way around this is to run the Windows 7 Setup but with compatibility set for Windows 7. I have done this and now have my 7.1 fully functional with Windows 8.1

Thank you very much. This helps a lot. Would have liked if the new drivers worked with compatibility, but V1.1 is better than nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my vengeance 2000's after the 8.1 update i performed last week. I use my headset for work with clients virtually, so being out of commission wasn't an option. I tried everything on the boards...nothing worked.

Figuring i was on my way to the store for another 150+ set of wired headphones tonights, out of defeat in the moment, I went to my jaybird bluebuds to use as my primary headset..They did not work correctly with 8.1 either. Static on skype, wouldn't work with youtube, ect.

I went to my laptop's support site (Asus g75VW laptop) for bluetooth driver updates and updated the bluetooth driver. Presto, the jaybirds worked.

For whatever reason, maybe just not willing to accept defeat yet, I plugged in my corsairs to see if for some strange reason they would, and they work perfectly!

My advice is to update your computer's drivers for bluetooth after the 8.1 upgrade.

Hope this helps. Not saying its 100% for everyone, but It worked for me.

And yes, before I get blasted, Im completely aware that bluetooth has nothing to do with USB wireless. But it worked, and Im listening to them right now, where I wasnt able too before I updated the bluetooth drivers.

Happy Hunting!

Hope this helps. Not saying its 100% for everyone, but It worked for me.

And yes, before I get blasted, Im completely aware that bluetooth has nothing to do with USB wireless. But it worked, and Im listening to them right now, where I wasnt able too before I updated the bluetooth drivers.

Happy Hunting!

But the 1500 isn't wireless at all, it's only USB. So I don't think that will help for the 1500, and I can certainly say that since my desktop doesn't even have bluetooth hardware and hence NO bluetooth drivers, it definitely can't be a cause in this instance. I think, in the case of the 1500 anyway, it's more fundamentally an issue with Windows 8/8.1.

I`ve updated to Windows 8.1 and my Veagence 1500 sounds like a garbage! In my costumer opinion is irresponsability sell a product witch is not up-to-date with the most common OS in the world (and I`m not a Microsoft fan or either windows 8 fan #MissyouXP)

When I bought it i saw many reviews testing the Veagence in Windows 8. And in none is shown that it don`t works properly With a new version of the same OS! I mean: Corsair should put a label like that! If I read this I`ve never had bought this product! How can you buy a 7.1 headset if it`s not working in 7.1 mode? DAMM!

What happens when you try to open the control panel?

Have you tried checking the notifications tray?

Have you tried right clicking it? Are the options greyed out?

I click on it and nothing happens, even in the notifications tray.....its just not working.

@Toasted

Thanks to you I was able to find out what was the problem and now my mic is working too.

I was like, Microsoft default generic drivers? Sounds like crap to me.

So I reinstalled windows, went to device manager, under sound - high definition audio - right click - uninstall.

Afterwards, install Corsair headset drivers - Everything is working.

Thanks again man you rock, without you I would have gone crazy.

It was already disabled, but that alone didn't solve the problem.

Seems like Windows automatically installs some sound crap for my system that Corsair's driver can't stand.

Edit.:

On Google Chrome, Youtube video's sound is perfect.

Using Firefox... my ears are bleeding.

So loud, much pain, wow.

Everywhere else, fine. With Firefox, it's a disaster.

Archived