Corsair Community

tempreture is going crazy over 101c

pale_crow

hi i got the H80i

i instaled it and made it sure everything thing is going well and also installed the latest corsair link software

i replaced the fans with the SP120

-my CPU on idle is 40-42c and not stable at all it jumps and get low repeatedly

-and on load 100/% it goes 102c ?????? *i used a video converting software*

-in a game such as battlefield 4 it reach 75c

my CPU is 3770k and Not overclocked AT ALL

what is going on please??

my ex cooler was NACTUA NHD14 and it was waaaay better than this

and i know i wont find the solution anywhere.

Please fill out your system specs in your dropdown menu so we can see what your other hardware is .

Can you see if the pump is running in your BIOS?

Do your temps go down if you push on the cooling head?

Have you removed the cooling head to be sure you have an even spread on the thermal paste?

Please fill out your system specs in your dropdown menu so we can see what your other hardware is .

Can you see if the pump is running in your BIOS?

Do your temps go down if you push on the cooling head?

Have you removed the cooling head to be sure you have an even spread on the thermal paste?

how do i check if the pump running in bios

i have gigabyte z77 udh3

yes it goes down quickly when i pushed on the head

how do i check if the pump running in bios

If you connected the single tach lead it will be your CPU_FAN header's RPM. That will actually be the speed of the pump and not the fans on the cooler.

i tried pushing on the cooler head to see if it stable and not moving too..still the same

But did you watch to see if your temps changed any?

I suggest remounting the cooling head to be sure it was sitting straight on the CPU though

If you connected the single tach lead it will be your CPU_FAN header's RPM. That will actually be the speed of the pump and not the fans on the cooler.

But did you watch to see if your temps changed any?

I suggest remounting the cooling head to be sure it was sitting straight on the CPU though

yes the temp went down too much,once i pressed hard on the head

so u guess i have to remounting it

is it a back-plate issue? because it was kinda loose

i read about some customers were facing the loose back plate

difference is most dont bother monitoring air control,if they had they would have noticed even more erratic spikes...

yeah its the spikes what made me worried

now in full load iam reaching 55c

i dont use any other coolers on case fans

iam new to that field...i bought this cooler to OC my 3770k.

so here is my qustion

if i oc my cpu to 4.0 or 3.9 how much i will get in tep idle and full in my case

yeah its the spikes what made me worried

now in full load iam reaching 55c

i dont use any other coolers on case fans

iam new to that field...i bought this cooler to OC my 3770k.

so here is my qustion

if i oc my cpu to 4.0 or 3.9 how much i will get in tep idle and full in my case

cpu's will vary but with stock timings you can oc to 4.2-4.3 with temps in the mid-high 60's which is good temps

just go one at a time and check

yes and ambient temps will raise or lower idle/load temps also

hi again

i have this question

in crosier link

why the pump is always over 4000 rpm...no mater how much you lower the rpm manually,...it will still over 4000

also my 12 sp fans..stucked at 1300

i don't think the corsair link do anything but changing the pump led color.that the only work function

after doing 1 hour in prime 95 my temp are not overclocked at all

core0 55

core1 65

core2 64

core3 64

is that still normal?

you can load most any computer a certain way and get high temps,i can run one called heavy load and its taxed so much the computer crawls which really isnt a real world test.

mid 60's at stock clock is by no means high but could be a bit lower but again you need to judge your temps by what you do in a hard case scenario ,i encode movies which is easier than prime 95 load so my temps will be lower than prime 95 and thats what i go by.

ambient temp also plays a big part in temps

the pump speed is set and cant be changed.

you can load most any computer a certain way and get high temps,i can run one called heavy load and its taxed so much the computer crawls which really isnt a real world test.

mid 60's at stock clock is by no means high but could be a bit lower but again you need to judge your temps by what you do in a hard case scenario ,i encode movies which is easier than prime 95 load so my temps will be lower than prime 95 and thats what i go by.

ambient temp also plays a big part in temps

the pump speed is set and cant be changed.

iam really sorry for nagging over your head a lot, lol

so you mean whenever i switched between balance,quit and performance mode in link2...it wont do a thing u mean?

i was surfing the fourms,i read about about a frimware update for the pump,i don't know if that applied on my h80i.

Hi peanut I had the same problem, here is how I fixed it one take off the back plate two get an old plastic storage box lid cut out flat square then cut that into 1/4"strips then with a Stanley knife and a bit of timber put the strip on the timber place the point of the knife in the centre of the plastic and move the plastic round until the hole is big enough to fit under the black washer you need two plus the black washer for each leg hope this works for you

Archived