Corsair Community

VS450 PSU compatibility with Asus P7H55-M LX Motherboard

mohit

Hi,

I recently bought Corsair VS450 PSU. After setting it up in my system, I can't see green LED on in the motherboard. I can't even switch on the system.

I asked for the replacement of the PSU but same case with replaced one. However, one iBall spare PSU that I have is working fine on the same system.

ATX 12V connector: PSU has 8 pins. However, there are 4 pin on Motherboard. I managed to connect it leaving other 4 pins of PSU hanging.

Please let me know if there is anything wrong that I am doing. Is Corsair VS450 compatible with Asus P7H55-M LX Motherboard. I am confused if I bought the incorrect PSU. Please can someone reply as soon as possible, thanks.

Mohit, usually you need to allow up to 24hrs for a reply from Corsair.

The PSU is /should be totally compatible with that board.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you use the other side of the 8 pin ATX connector. I have been told that this can keep a system from powering up.

I tried everything but it is not working at all. Want to check one point:

Corsair VS450: Conforms to ATX 12V v2.31 standard, and is backward compatible with the ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 standards.

Asus PH755-M LX manual recommends to use ATX 12V specification 2.0 compliant PSU.

Do you think there can be compatibility issue between 2.0 and 2.01 versions ? or I am thinking a totally stupid point.

I am confused as I am not sure which PSU should I order now for proper functioning of this combination: PH755-M LX Motherboard + Intel i5 760 cpu + ATI Radeon 4850 Graphics card + 4gb DDR3 RAM + 160 GB SATA + Samsung RW Combo.

if you are talking about the 8 pin cpu power lead try remove the four that you have plugged in and try the other four as I remember seeing in forums someone that had a 4 pin four cpu was told only a certain 4 of the 4 pins would work properly and if I remember correctly it was some one from corsair who said it

Asus PH755-M LX manual recommends to use ATX 12V specification 2.0 compliant PSU.

Do you think there can be compatibility issue between 2.0 and 2.01 versions ? or I am thinking a totally stupid point.

I down loaded your manual just to be sure I saw the same thing you did. But Yes, this is exactly why it's not working with that board.

Really it surprises me that a newer board would use an older ATX spec, but it does. *shrugs shoulders*

You can try using the other side of the 8 pin CPU plug , but i'm not holding out much hope.

Archived