Corsair Community

K70 LED issues again

jawline

Hi,

My K70's right hand side Windows key LED no longer lights up. This is the replacement K70 after the last one I had a couple of LED failures soon after I got it. I have no problems with any of my other keyboards and this machine ( Upgraded from a razor something or other ).

This is becoming really irritating as I had to pay ~£40 in shipping fees for the last RMA and the price of my already expensive supposedly high end hardware keeps rising.

Could I get some advice on what to do? Could it be something in the keyboards onboard software. I really can't justify wasting another £40.

Thanks,

Blake Loring

You can check if the L.E.D. turns back on by using the custom L.E.D. key setting feature.

3.) How do I save my LED Key pattern?

To create your own custom LED light settings, press and hold the LED program button until the red ring starts blinking (about 5 seconds). Press the keys you’d like to change to turn the individual LED on or off and then press and hold the LED program button again to save those settings.

Source: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118655

If it still does not turn on, contact customer service via phone and tell them the replacement K70 has a faulty L.E.D. The rep. will be able to help you.

You can call them using Skype by calling their toll-free number.

WOW! That's really interesting. I received my replacement silver-edition k70 about five weeks ago after waiting nearly five weeks for the back-order wait period. The crazy thing is that my right-hand "window" LED is also no longer working. It's not related to the memory profile, the LED is simply dead. What are the chances?

Damn, that didn't work. Pity.

The issue is mainly that I'm not willing to spend money sending it back when I keep experiencing faults. This keyboard cost a lot to begin with and the return shipping costs from the UK are also ridiculous.

Thanks,

Blake Loring

I just recently experienced a similar issue in that my Windows button no longer worked and the LED would not turn on. I also had the Scroll Lock LED flashing and would no longer respond to the Scroll Lock key.

I've been having some issues with Windows 7 lately, a lot of failed updates, computer freezing on occasion, so I did an Upgrade reinstallation of Windows thinking that Windows might also be a problem with my K70 not working right.

Long story short, after the upgrade the K70 still was not working right, so I started playing around with the bios switch, moving it back and forth, and after putting it back to the 1 position that seemed to fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

I just recently experienced a similar issue in that my Windows button no longer worked and the LED would not turn on. I also had the Scroll Lock LED flashing and would no longer respond to the Scroll Lock key.

I've been having some issues with Windows 7 lately, a lot of failed updates, computer freezing on occasion, so I did an Upgrade reinstallation of Windows thinking that Windows might also be a problem with my K70 not working right.

Long story short, after the upgrade the K70 still was not working right, so I started playing around with the bios switch, moving it back and forth, and after putting it back to the 1 position that seemed to fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

I had a similar issue, usb.inf was missing from windows\inf I was able to find it in the drivestore folder and copy it over, then delete the device in device manager. The keyboard was re installed automatically. Problem solved.

I received a replacement keyboard today after a conversation with support. The Windows key works again but now down on the volume rocker doesn't work and the space bar makes a broken sounding cracking noise whenever it is pressed. ( Repeated on a separate linux machine so they are definitely hardware issues ).

Damn Corsair what is going on!?!?

Yep, the d own on the volume rocker triggers a down and an up event. Clearly a hardware fault. The support are now sending out a pick up man for both defective keyboards. Maybe on my 5th keyboard I'll get a product that isn't defective..

God. I'm on my limit with Corsair. Today I receieved my 4th replacement K70 ( Third replacement for this issue ) and the cable is damaged so anything in the additional USB slot flicks off and on when it is moved.

This is ridiculous. Am I on the broken bits mailing list? I paid a premium for this product plus returns costs and I am now sitting with 3 broken keyboards in my house, as of yet no returns information that was promised by the support team and 2 broken express RMAs.

What the hell am I supposed to do? Keep letting broken keyboards stack up... Every time I contact support they treat it like a new issue, give me the same company line and send a new keyboard promising that I will receive information on how to return it in a couple of days. Its been a week and I have still not received any information.

Somebody needs firing in their returns facility as these keyboards obviously aren't being checked.

• 1 month later...

Archived