Corsair Community

Carbide AIR 540 fits CEB?

WarDad

I'm considering a Asus P9X79 WS LGA2011 SSI CEB.

IT IS CEB not Extended ATX. It's actually a little shorter.

The holes should line UP? Almost?

I have built a system with it before and liked it. It gets better New Eggs than the RIVE.

Asus P9X79 WS LGA2011 SSI CEB question finally answered:

Created By: Jace TS (10/15/2013 10:21 AM)

Hello

My apologies for the delay,

Yes, the Air540 will be able to fit your motherboard's formfactor. The 540 can actually fit an E-ATX motherboard that is 12 × 13 in.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know and make sure to rate my performance once the ticket is resolved.

Thank you for your time.

I would double check that with CS. He mentions E-ATX as being compatible. SSI-CEB boards may fit dimensionally but have different mounting positions on the board

They also don't list SSI CEB as a compatible form factor.

ATX, Micro ATX, E-ATX, and Mini ITX compatible

http://www.corsair.com/us/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-air-540-high-airflow-atx-cube-case.html

Nice link, ...EATX shares the same mounting upper holes as ATX. What about the lower ones?

I'm using 280mm 45mm thick RADS.

CEB would fit 10.5 wide. Front Rad inside fans might conflict with cable or cable access.

EATX would hit the front rad.

What about the lower ones?

They should be the exact same. It doesn't say anything about a difference between or just fitting the upper holes.

Created by the Server System Infrastructure (SSI) forum. Derived from the EEB and ATX specifications. This means that SSI CEB motherboards have the same mounting holes and the same IO connector area as ATX motherboards.

Archived