Corsair Community

What Corsair modules on MSI K8T Neo FIS2R?

Carotthat

Hi NG, hi corsair-folx!

Due to compatibility problems (see http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=26208) I'm exchanging my infineon DIMMs (total of 1gig) with corsair modules.

Problem is, even with the use of the net, I cannot define the best DIMMs for my board:

Would it be:

* 1024MB DDR Corsair PC3200/400 CL 2, Corsair Twinx XL

or

* 1024MB DDR Corsair PC3200/400 CL 2,5 Corsair Valueselect Kit?

Or even another one???

Thx in advance,

Caro.

Welcome to the forums, Carotthat!

I`ve a new Athlon 64 3000+ running on that MSI MoBo (Bios 1.07, Rev 1.0)

I'm assuming this is the Socket 754 version, by the way...

Either of those should work alright for you, the XL's timings might be a little too aggressive for the board, but would allow you to overclock if you wanted to try it.

The Value Select modules should also work and would be more economical, but I think for the very best compatability, a single 1024Mb module would be best, I.E. CMX1024-3200 or CMX1024-3200C2.

PLUR

CK

Either of those should work alright for you, the XL's timings might be a little too aggressive for the board, but would allow you to overclock if you wanted to try it.

The Value Select modules should also work and would be more economical, but I think for the very best compatability, a single 1024Mb module would be best, I.E. CMX1024-3200 or CMX1024-3200C2.

Thx for the welcome!

Yepp, it's the Socket 754 - the 939 was quite to expensive!

Unfortunately, a single 1024Meg Module is almost impossible to get in Germany...

Do you have any idea, by what means the Infineons could be "stabilized"? Increasing the DIMM voltage?

Caro.

I have the TwinX1024-3200LL modules in that same motherboard. I have had to set the timings manually to 2-3-2-6 and DDR Voltage (as its called in this particular BIOS, rather than VDimm) to 2.75v. I've had this running for a while now and am very happy. I did have these in another board that was dual channel which is why i had the TwinX rather than a single 1024 module and even though the MSI board isn't dual channel i have had no problems running the modules at their rated settings.

I also have a Twinx1024-3200XL PRO set in my P4 rig, i haven't checked them in the MSI yet but i can if you want so let me know and i'll let you know if it works before you order.

Increasing voltages and relaxing latencies (CAS 2.5 instead of 2, etc) is usually how you do it, but if you're fed up with those modules, I'd try these:

TwinX1024-3200LL

TwinX1024-3200C2

VS1GBKIT400

In that order.

PLUR

CK

Yepp. CAS is actually set to AUTO in BIOS. Should do it by itself, doesn't it?

I'll try first the VS Kit, because that's one easy to get. The retailer is quite cool about exchanging DIMMs. And even, it's not as expensive as the twinX-Version.

Caro.

I have the TwinX1024-3200LL modules in that same motherboard. I have had to set the timings manually to 2-3-2-6 and DDR Voltage (as its called in this particular BIOS, rather than VDimm) to 2.75v. I've had this running for a while now and am very happy. I did have these in another board that was dual channel which is why i had the TwinX rather than a single 1024 module and even though the MSI board isn't dual channel i have had no problems running the modules at their rated settings.

I also have a Twinx1024-3200XL PRO set in my P4 rig, i haven't checked them in the MSI yet but i can if you want so let me know and i'll let you know if it works before you order.

Wow - quite a kind offer!

Just to make sure, the Twin X LL is the slower Version of the Twin-Rig? The XL-Pro is faster?!

And to compare to my quoting, the Twin X LL is the same as the TwinXL?

What do you guys think about the VS-Kit regarding CAS and Speed? Enough with a 6600gt?

Caro.

Yeah, the LL runs at 2-3-2-6 and the XL at 2-2-2-5 although as i said, i haven't checked the XL with this mobo, but the LL runs great.

Don't really know about how the VS would compare as i've never bought any, only the XMS for me.

Don't know why MSI wouldn't recommend Corsair as you say, the BIOS on this board is pretty flexible with settings so it's not really hard to get it going so i don't know why someone would tell you that.

Also, check out this http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/products/guides/MSI-1203.pdf as it has that mobo listed under the AMD section so Corsair must have tested it.

Just to make sure, the Twin X LL is the slower Version of the Twin-Rig? The XL-Pro is faster?!

And to compare to my quoting, the Twin X LL is the same as the TwinXL?

the LL and XL are NOT the same! XL can run at faster timings. Now XL and XLPRO ARE the same, the PRO version of any memory just has diag lights on it, the memory is the same.

Archived