Corsair Community

RM750, the fan doesn't spin even at initial boot

RGT19

Hi, i bought it on amazon.com and the fan doesn't spin even at initial boot.

I was playing Batterfield 3 and the PSU was very hot and the fan doesn't spin at all.

My unit is defective or does not reach sufficient temperature to turn the fan?.

Here, i create a video of it:

http://tinypic.com/r/rsbpxi/5

My computer:

i5 4670k

asus gryphon z87

corsair vengeance pro 8gb 1600mhz

evga gtx760 supercloked acx cooler

2x corsair af140

1x corsair af120

samsung 840 evo 120gb

samsung DVDRW

Your system actually doesn't use much power so you may never see the fan spin even under normal gaming conditions.

Run P95 and furmark at the same time and that should be enougfh to get your fan spinning for testing purposes.

Prime is not dangerous for Haswell chip?.

Why would it be? Prime is one of the most respected and trusted stress testing software out there. I have seen no reports of any sort of "compatibility" issues with Haswell chips. They aren't really any different than the previous generation Sandy/Ivy bridge chips. They just run a bit hotter.

As long as you have a good CPU cooler , you should be good to go.

Why would it be? Prime is one of the most respected and trusted stress testing software out there. I have seen no reports of any sort of "compatibility" issues with Haswell chips. They aren't really any different than the previous generation Sandy/Ivy bridge chips. They just run a bit hotter.

As long as you have a good CPU cooler , you should be good to go.

i have the stock cooler.

I just received confirmation that the fan DOES NOT do a self test as the previous generation of fanless PSU's when starting up.

While the stock cooler would work, your CPU would most likely peg at the max operating temperature and stay there for the duration of the test. The CPU will throttle itself to prevent any damage to the CPU. But if you feel uncomfortable doing so then don't. It's not my hardware and users have different preferences.

If your system is stable and not showing any signs of being faulty then I wouldn't worry about it. Your system under full load can't pull more than 300-375 watts MAX. So you will probably never see it run much if at all.

I just received confirmation that the fan DOES NOT do a self test as the previous generation of fanless PSU's when starting up.

While the stock cooler would work, your CPU would most likely peg at the max operating temperature and stay there for the duration of the test. The CPU will throttle itself to prevent any damage to the CPU. But if you feel uncomfortable doing so then don't. It's not my hardware and users have different preferences.

If your system is stable and not showing any signs of being faulty then I wouldn't worry about it. Your system under full load can't pull more than 300-375 watts MAX. So you will probably never see it run much if at all.

hi, thanks a lot for help me.

another question, what happen if my PSU is very very very hot and the fan doesn't spin at all?.

What do you consider very hot? Do you have access to an IR temp gun? Can you put your hand on it and leave it there?

If it would get that hot the PSU should shut itself down if the fan fails and it reaches too high of a temperature.

yes i can leave it there but, for me it's to hot for a power supply, i don't know if that temperature is normal.

Here's another video that i created. Shows the fan spinning when i turn off the PSU. I used a paper clip, I followed the tutorial to test corsair psu fans.

http://tinypic.com/r/23j6fyu/5

Tell me if that's the normal behavior of the RM series.

yes i can leave it there but, for me it's to hot for a power supply, i don't know if that temperature is normal.

Here's another video that i created. Shows the fan spinning when i turn off the PSU. I used a paper clip, I followed the tutorial to test corsair psu fans.

http://tinypic.com/r/23j6fyu/5

Tell me if that's the normal behavior of the RM series.

Does the RM series not have a hybrid/normal fan mode switch? :confused:

Archived