Corsair Community

AX1200i Buzzing Loudly

lexcomman

I have just purchased a Corsair AX1200i for my new computer build. After getting the system build I noticed a buzzing noise from the computer. I took all other component out of the equation by only having the power supply and power cabled plugged in, then using the self test button on the power supply. Same electrical buzzing noise. I am on a properly grounded wall outlet and it happens when plugged into a UPS and plugged straight into the wall. Corsair Link software shows that the power supply is putting out good power even under a simulated stress test using various software.

I have been searching the past couple of days on the internet about this problem and it now seems to be a very common problem with this power supply. Sort of sad IMO as Corsair is usually known for great reliable products. To my point I really loved the fact this power supply had the best warranty on the market but I can't have this buzzing sound filling my entire home office with a buzzing noise. I wanted to post here to see if there is something that can be done somewhat quickly? Reason I say quickly is because if this can't be resolved then I am still in my 30day window to return to NewEgg and choose a different power supply.

I have just purchased a Corsair AX1200i for my new computer build. After getting the system build I noticed a buzzing noise from the computer. I took all other component out of the equation by only having the power supply and power cabled plugged in, then using the self test button on the power supply. Same electrical buzzing noise. I am on a properly grounded wall outlet and it happens when plugged into a UPS and plugged straight into the wall. Corsair Link software shows that the power supply is putting out good power even under a simulated stress test using various software.

I have been searching the past couple of days on the internet about this problem and it now seems to be a very common problem with this power supply. Sort of sad IMO as Corsair is usually known for great reliable products. To my point I really loved the fact this power supply had the best warranty on the market but I can't have this buzzing sound filling my entire home office with a buzzing noise. I wanted to post here to see if there is something that can be done somewhat quickly? Reason I say quickly is because if this can't be resolved then I am still in my 30day window to return to NewEgg and choose a different power supply.

I had the same problem, I've remplaced my AX1200i like 4 times and they were all buzzing.

Corsair were out of AX1200i at some point, so they sent me an AX1200 instead and believe it or not it's dead silent now, no more buzzing.

I would suggest that you avoid the AXi series for now until they fix the buzzing (coil whine) issue.

Archived