Corsair Community

Screw Kit for the H90

MetalMonkey

HI All,

I cant seem to find the screw kit for my H90 in the UK.

The only one I have found is here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Series-Universal-Waterblock-Mounting/dp/B00CS0YT9I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1379421455&sr=8-3&keywords=hydro+series+kit

I need the additional screws to mount a fan on the front on the radiator for the push pull cooling method.

Also my H90 has developed a continuing bubbling gurgling noise. Sounds like a Fish tank. What is the method to get it to stop. I believe I read laying it flat may help ? any other suggestions ? I can only mount it two ways due to being in such a small case .

Thanks

Well if you can find m3.5 x 35mm screws, those will work perfectly.

You would ruin the threads using a metric bolt. They are two totally different thread pitches.Sure you can force them to go through but they wont last long .

not easy to find in the uk. most stores only sell metric stuff!

I understand this. However even mail order through a nut and bolt warehouse would be a lot cheaper then 9.99$. I don't care if you want to order the ones direct from Corsair, but by the time you add shipping costs to the UK it's REALLY expensive for 8 little screws.. Sorry, i was just trying to save the OP a little cash!

Sorry, i was just trying to save the OP a little cash!

What is there to be sorry for Peanutz.

After all we are both trying to MetalMonkey more options where he could get his extra hardware.

As you are US based, I did not know if you knew how difficult it can be trying to buy imperial hardware here in the UK.

You would ruin the threads using a metric bolt. They are two totally different thread pitches.Sure you can force them to go through but they wont last long .

100% agree with you on this.

I didn't say it would work . It will .It's just not going to work for long. When you run a metric screw down through American threads they are just going to tear . And as you pointed out with so few TPI, there won't be anything left to grip.

I've been through this on other radiators. The easiest fix is to run a metric tap down through first so you cut a proper thread. I also go to the next largest screw size so i have enough metal to cut those threads.

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for all your replies . I went round all of the Hardware stores in my local area and no joy. Screwfix etc . I am going to take chance on the ones from Amazon.co.uk . I am assuming that the H60 H80 and H100 will all use the same bolts / screws for the radiator. I will report back when they arrive

P.S any sure answer on how to get rid of the gurgling noise ?

Thanks MM

I will report back when they arrive

Why is Corsair sticking it to customers on these screw packs.

$10 screw pack

$5 shipping

You can by the screws at local hardware store for under $3 total.

Let's see anyone at Corsair justify it.

your looking at things with ''tunnel'' vision,by that i mean it isnt just the screws your paying for,theres a marginal overhead per product.they have to pass costs of things such as insurance,payroll,products,ship to store costs among all the other factors

they didnt just invest $3 for screws and have a $7 profit..

you must look at it from a business stand point...

your looking at things with ''tunnel'' vision,by that i mean it isnt just the screws your paying for,theres a marginal overhead per product.they have to pass costs of things such as insurance,payroll,products,ship to store costs among all the other factors

they didnt just invest $3 for screws and have a $7 profit..

you must look at it from a business stand point...

A business shouldn't always try to stick it to customers on every item they sell. Doing that will make customers think twice before buying from you again.

Corsair knows lots of people like to do push/pull setup on it's H series coolers. They could look out for customers and be like hey we know lots of you like to do push/pull setup so we included extra screws for both sides of the radiator. Corsair already buys them in bulk, not like adding extra screws would make them go belly up.

Archived