Corsair Community

Vengeance Pro 8Gb kit and Asus Z87-PRO

hemo

HI!

I bought the mobo (Asus Z87-PRO) and a 8Gb kit of vengeance PRO RAM (CMY8GX3M2A 1866C9 ver3.24) together with a Intel CPU i5-4670K 3.4GHZ a month ago, but I just now realized that this RAM is not on the Z87-PRO's QVL and the system wont boot with the XMP 1 profile.

I have the latest bios, but I have to set the memory to 1333mhz in order to boot my system. I've tried setting the timings myself but I'm not that experienced with all these timings and settings. Is there anywhere I can get all the correct timing settings for my RAM kit? then I could set everything manually in the bios. Or is there another way around this?

I bought the mobo (Asus Z87-PRO) and a 8Gb kit of vengeance PRO RAM (CMY8GX3M2A 1866C9 ver3.24) together with a Intel CPU i5-4670K 3.4GHZ a month ago, but I just now realized that this RAM is not on the Z87-PRO's QVL and the system wont boot with the XMP 1 profile.

The memory is fully compatible. Is there more than one profile and if so what are they?

And with profile 1 enabled please set the memory voltage to 1.55-1.6v and see if it will boot then.

I have the latest bios, but I have to set the memory to 1333mhz in order to boot my system. I've tried setting the timings myself but I'm not that experienced with all these timings and settings. Is there anywhere I can get all the correct timing settings for my RAM kit? then I could set everything manually in the bios. Or is there another way around this?

If we can't get the XMP profile to run correctly we can try setting them manually. But lets see where we end up first.

You already have all the settings. They are printed on the label of the memory itself. Just enter the first four and leave everything else on AUTO

Ok, there is only one XMP setting: 932MHZ 9.0 - 10 - 10 - 9 - 28 - 36 - 2T

XMP-1864

SPD Ext. XMP 1.3

Got these values off CPUZ. Dont know what XMP 1.3 means, cuz there is only one profile in my bios.

But I'll try the voltage change and post update.

Thx 4 reply

Archived