Corsair Community

CorsairLink2 won't detect fans...

allie966

hello. I'm having a problem with corsairlink2, i can't get the software to control my fans. I just reinstalled windows and in doing so i had to reinstall everything including corsairlink2 which was working beforehand.

i installed a few different types of corsairlink2 in hope that it would recognize my fans. i can't update the firmware since it just says "the firmware file selected is not correct" maybe it's because the file ends with .S16?

i have the 2 fans connected to the h100i, the usb connector etc. the pump and fans are working but not controllable

The ASUS AI Suite program will definitely interfere with the Link Software.

Check for that, as it might have been installed if you loaded the drivers and programs from the ASUS CD for the Motherboard.

I just built another Windows 8 System, and after installation there were 77 updates, most of which were Framework.

H100i, AX860i, and Commander 2 with cooling Node all detected and operating correctly (after using Link Version 1.2.7 to update the Firmware on the Commander to 2.0.6).

RodeoGeorge

I don't know if this will help but this is what I found yesterday after upgrading my motherboard. I opened the LINK_2 GUI and there was no data for my fans or pump. They were all sitting on zero. I spent hours trying to get it to work including uninstalling and re-installing different versions. After spending a few hours calming down I opened the GUI again and started deleting items I didn't want monitored, like my HDD and video boards. When I deleted a few groups I noticed another group with the same fans and pump in another group scrolling up from the bottom without any data stream in them either. After deleting eight more groups I finally found the working set of guages and was then able to adjust my LED and fan profiles again.

Put this into Notepad and save it as a .bat file.

note the install location as it may be different to your one.

@echo off

echo

schtasks.exe /create /TN "Start CorsairLINK UI" /TR "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CorsairLINK2\CorsairLINK2.exe" /SC ONLOGON /RL Highest

schtasks.exe /create /TN "Start CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor" /TR "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CorsairLINK2\CorsairLINK_HardwareMonitor.exe" /SC ONLOGON /RL Highest

pause

Archived