Corsair Community

Corsair Link Version 2.4.4948 Profile problems

Jamierb64

I tried out the new version of Link, Version 2.4.4948, and I cannot get my core temps to read. I have read that you need to delete your profile, and I have tried, and tried and just cannot get the profile to completely delete. I even removed all the files from my registry with the help from wytnyt. Still now luck. I can get the profile to disappear, but the settings in custom curve stay the same as do the led settings. When I do download the new version of link, I have 2.2.0 now and it does work, but is unstable using custom curve. My system specs are in my profile. I have tried just about everything I was hoping somebody could help me. I have uninstalled reinstalled, cold booted, manually uninstalled from registry as per the file I have included, and still it just won't delete the profile. I have included a screen shot of the new version of my temps. I do have the i4770k Haswell CPU, so I am guessing without the old profile uninstalled, this new version will not work.

Corsair-link-2.thumb.jpg.81fc58c3eed8ec0278f24f4d5c393c48.jpg

Registry.txt

• Corsair Employees

Did you read Please Note Message when you downloaded the software?

Corsair Link Software Update Beta Version 2.4.4948

Please Note you must delete any saved Profiles and uninstall the old version and reboot the system before you install the latest software. And some CPU's may not show proper CPU Temp in C-Link application (AMD 6 Core and Intel Haswell CPU's)

Jamierb64

its virtually impossible for your profile to remain if you cleaned the registry thoroughly .

are you referring to the default profile by chance?,if so then its always there when the software is installed.you can set up your icons and create your own personal profile.

That's what I keep saying, but... The led remains red, the custom curve settings I set have stayed the same. The default setting was for the led to be white or at least a white with a bluish hue, and the custome curve I changed and has stayed the same. I am sure I'm doing somthing wrong, I just don't know what. I did follow the registry gidelines several times, and went into app data and removed the profile over and over, and each time. It comes back, it don't have the assigned name but all the settings are there. Red led, and custom curve settings are preset where I originally preset them to.

And yes I did read it I am more concerned that I cannot get the profile to delete.I am trusting this thing to cool my system and I would like it to be compatible with the software, and as I understand if you cannot get the profile to uninstall it can cause problems with future updates.

i cant say why it remains,it makes no sense

if i think of more,ill post.

if you feel like it you can do all this again and install the version before the beta

Version 2.3.4816 and firmware 2.0.6

this works on all my builds as 2.20 never gave me good results

Ok, first I want to thank you guys for trying to help me, as you can see I am new to this hardware and software. I have added another picture, and this might help to clear up a few things. I cannot update the firmware to 2.0.6 because I do not have and I might be wrong, here but it seems I need the actual Commander Unit. I ONLY have Corsair Hydro USB. I do have Corsair Link USB Dongle, which came with my AX860i which is hooked up. I am not sure if there is a issue there or not. It looks to me that all my firmware is up to date. My only problem which has been confirmed now by Ram Guy, is that there is a issue with the profile not letting go of the led settings and the custom curve settings. And as for the CPU temp not showing or not showing correctly, it is also a software issue with the Haswell chip. I have also have noticed that even the pump temps are not accurate with Beta Version 2.4.4948 or Version 2.3.4816. I am able to get by with a balanced setting that I have changed a little, I have gone back to version 2.2.0. Hopefully there will be a new version that can address these issues in the future. I am getting by with it now but not the way I wanted it to work, which was with the custom curve, since I have overclocked my system, I wanted my fans to increase as my system heated up.

As a foot note I had the same problems with both Beta Version 2.4.4948 and version 2.3.4816.

In version 2.2.0 I only had issues with the fans in custom curve pulsating, and then not being able to delete the profile.

corsairinfo.png.5eb2d69c08c2b9b8a9a30949ec3551f0.png

• Corsair Employees

Okay I think I see what is going on, you cannot controll fans that are not connected to a Corsair Link device IE so the only fans you can control are the fans that came with your cooler assuming that you have them connected to the cooler.

Also Version 2.2.0 will not support our i-series PSU's; correctly you would need 2.3.4816 or newer. I would suggest you call our tech support by phone when you are in front of the system and we can likely clear some things up for you.

Right, the only fans I want to control are the h100i fans , the rest of my fans are either controlled by either my case settings or my motherboard. I am having no issues however with my psu, it's working perfect but it has its own USB link dongle. The only reason I went back to 2.2.0 was because I can see correct temp settings and I can see my CPU listed in groups. I am using balanced setting now and it is working fine so it really dont matter what version I am using since I am not depending on it to control my temps via CPU or pump temps which I would like to. I will call them Monday and see what we can work out. Thanks for your help.

image.thumb.jpg.c7f576629d7fdd9dec7b86bc229b201a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Problem solved, I RMA the unit and replaced it with a new one and problem solved. Thanks to all the guys at Corsair, and the Ram guys for all your help. The new unit is working great, with only one issue, it seems to only see my CPU % instead of temp, however, other then that it is working like it is supposed to.

Archived